WELLINGTON, New Zealand– September 15, 2010– PikPok™ today announced that its popular Flick Kick™ family of games is coming to Android. The first title, Flick Kick™ Field Goal is available in Android Market now for $0.99. Flick Kick™ Rugby and Flick Kick™ Football will be the next two titles the independent publisher will bring to Android gamers, all with OpenFeint support. Players will be able to post high scores, unlock achievements, share their success with friends and discover other great OpenFeint-enabled games, all from their smartphones.
“We have had a great partnership with OpenFeint for our iPhone titles and our move into supporting Android is much easier with such a great partner that delivers community and replayability features to our line-up,” said Jos Ruffell, manager of the PikPok label.“The Flick Kick family of games is perfect for Android’s sophisticated audience that demands quality and fun from their apps.”
“PikPok is one of our best partners on iPhone, so we’re thrilled that they’re joining us on Android. Their Flick Kick™ games are already hugely popular and translate really well to Android devices,” said Jason Citron, CEO of OpenFeint.“We’re excited to feature Flick Kick™ Field Goal across the Feint network and in our new Feint Game Spotlight app along with our other launch partners.”
Flick Kick titles have reached the #1 free and paid app positions on the iPhone app charts in more than 10 countries. Like the iPhone versions of the games, Flick Kick™ Football, Flick Kick™ Rugby and Flick Kick™ Field Goal for Android all feature intuitive flick kick control, which allows players to sweep their finger across the ball to curve their kicks to score from multiple angles. Each game has multiple gameplay modes offering hours of replayability and OpenFeint leaderboards and achievements so the world can see the best players. Additional Flick Kick™ titles will be available in the coming weeks in the Android App store.
About Flick Kick™ Field Goal for Android
See if you have what it takes to compete in the ultimate football field goal kicking competition. Field Goal features multiple kicking challenges, realistic graphics and insanely addictive flick to kick game play and is an absolute must for football fans! Flick Kick™ Field Goal features:
• Intuitive Flick Kicking: Control the angle and curve of your kick with the flick of your finger.
• Ultimate Football Challenge: 360 degree wind with shifting severity. Anything from a light breeze to gale force winds must be taken into account
• Multiple Game Modes:
- Sudden Death: The classic test of skill. No time limit, just keep making kicks to add multipliers to your score.
- Arcade Mode: Kicks are taken from five different positions. Score as many points as you can. The last kick at each position will award you bonus points if you make it.
- Time Attack: Quick Fire Flick Kicking! Make as many kicks as possible within the time limit– Don’t buckle under the pressure!
- Practice Mode: Perfect your technique and learn how to become a kicking master
• Online Leaderboards and Achievements with OpenFeint Support: Show your friends that you’re the best kicker around
• Stunning 3D graphics!
For more information on Flick Kick™ Field Goal, please visit: www.pikpokgames.com
PikPok is the iPhone, iPad, and Android publishing label and development studio created by Sidhe. With a portfolio of original and licensed entertainment properties in development for the platform, PikPok is positioned to deliver games that appeal to mainstream consumers with pick-up-and-play gameplay, high-quality art, and audio design which provide rich game experiences. PikPok’s has already released multiple #1 paid and free apps including Flick Kick Football and Bird Strike. The studio has also produced Fame, based on the MGM feature film, Flick Kick™ Rugby, Flick Kick™ Aussie Rules, and Flick Kick™ Field Goal. For more information on PikPok, please visit: www.pikpokgames.com
# # #
NOTE to Editors: Review versions of PikPok’s games are always available. Please click here to request a copy. Logos are available at: http://www.game-newswire.com/index.php/the-news/251.html
International Digital Entertainment Agency