After much deliberation, mostly due to the stable boy getting lost inside a bail of hay, Pixelry Champions is now live on Kickstarter so as to obtain funding for its development. We'd appreciate you spreading the word of our campaign in any way that you can!
You'll travel to Pixelville to fulfil your greatest dream and to marry the beautiful young princess Arianna Annabelle di Grandigund Hyacinthe. To do this you must prove yourself a capable horseman by winning the King's championship tournament which involves defeating those recognized as the unbeatable knights of the realm, "The Big 5". According to the King, "whoever manages to defeat them in combat will be a good suitor for his daughter!"
This is an epic adventure with a medieval ambient and the exciting world of chivalry, where you must acquire new and increasingly better equipment to achieve your mission. Raise money by winning jousts organized at the local tavern, then spend that money at the Shop and the Forge to upgrade your armor, weapons and magical potions.
Pixelry Classic is the alpha (and now very dated) version of Pixelry that we encourage you to try out just to get a feel for the game. However, we would like to note that Pixelry Champions ( 15 min demo) improves on that original game in just about every way.
WHAT'S NEW IN CHAMPIONS?
Reaching our goal of £23,000 will mean that we can work on the game full time and add the following features to the Pixelry experience:
· Better sound system.
· Choose gender: Male - Female.
· Fix resolutions.
· New room transitions.
· Implement the use of the mouse on the UI and add hotkeys to different places.
· Animations, ambience, particles, give more life to the world.
· New music and sound effects.
· Better RPG aspects and combat system of the game.
· Detailed inventory system with more options, items and better implementation on the combat strategies.
· Enhanced UI with universal mouse support with simple drag & drop system
· Better enemies and more difficulties and leagues.
· Calendar with special events or minigames.
· Item offers and different incentives and challenges.
- Extra mini-games
- Better graphics
- Horse care considerations
- Editable Home
- Ports to iOS, Android, Mac and Linux
- Squire System
- Multiplayer with online marketplace and tournaments, clans, leaderboards
- New creative engine called "Pixure"
- Expand Pixelville with new locations, extra gameplay, maybe even another city!
We're just two brothers with a passion for making games! We set Evelend Games up back in 2010 and haven't looked back since. We are:
André Marí: I take care of the project's audiovisual aspects. Character design, graphics (environment, scenarios etc), music and sounds. I also give the advice on how to refine details to help improve aspects of the gameplay and visual experience.
Emilio Marí: I am the hermit who spends many hours at a time as needed to make every speck of dust move as it should be. That is, the programmer. I never studied programming but I've used it long since for many tasks, so it has become something like my profession, my hobby, and also an area in life where I can help others.
Pixelry Champions Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evelendgames/pixelry-a-jousting-focused-medieval-rpg
Evelend Games Website: http://www.evelendgames.com/