Rome, March 20th. For the first time in Italy, videogames find their way trough the world of television. PlayOnTV aspires to talk about all the face of game industry, an industry which has already attracted more than 14 million of Italian games that spent up to 24 million of hour per day playing videogames.
PlayOnTV, created e produced by the joint of DigitalFun S.R.L. and Ericsson Telecomunicazioni S.p.A., is a television show addressed to a target of young audience, with a 13 minute flash format inspired by the rise of web television and hipster thematic. A format that achieve a fun and simple stile, comprehensible by everyone, gamer or not.
The show is composed by several column, each one inspired to a different part of gaming experience. Some example are:
· Play Social – Inspired to the rise of social gaming, already played by more than 10 million of Italian gamers on facebook;
· Play Mobile – Dedicated to mobile gaming via cellphone or smartphone;
· Play Hardcore – Addressed to the hardcore gamers, a column about the word of mainstream videogames, PC and consoles;
· Top 5 – A column that does not need any presentation, with a different ranking each week;
· Play with me – A column hold by a very famous Italian videogame journalist, Filippo Facchetti, in which he talks about his ideas around game industry;
· Play in Japan – Dedicated to the Japanese gaming world.
PlayOnTV is based on an idea by Fabio Sarracino, co-founder of DigitalFun S.R.L., known also for its work in the Italian game developing industry, and Vittorio Orsini, business developer in Ericsson Telecomunicazioni S.P.A.
PlayOnTV is directed on the editorial side by Fabio Davide, former game journalist also known for his work on several videogame magazine, such as the Italian version of Edge.
PlayOnTV will be broadcasted on the air every Tuesday and Thursday at 16:15 on La3, Sky channel 143. At the same time it will be watchable worldwide by YouTube.
DigitalFun is know for the prize of “ Start Up Tecnologica del 2008 ”. The company started to work with Ericsson in the ambit of Ericsson’s EGO program, distinguishing itself as for its skill in the fields of technology and entertainment.
Ericsson in one of the largest telecommunication and data communication systems company, providing services and content, especially mobile.