PALO ALTO, CA - April 14, 2008— Playrix Entertainment, developer and publisher of captivating casual PC games since 2004, will showcase seven of its top game titles during its spotlight week on GameDuJour.com. For seven consecutive days, beginning on April 14, 2008, Game du Jour will offer "one incredible deal a day" on casual PC games developed or published by Playrix.
Since it was first introduced in 2006, Game du Jour has showcased one deeply discounted game per day— just one game a day at discounts ranging from 40 - 70%. Playrix is offering many of its most popular titles for Windows PCs during its week on Game du Jour at 50% off the regular price.
Playrix Entertainment, the former casual games division of Terminal Studio, has established its reputation in the game development industry for its mix of high-quality production and innovation. The company's games deliver on meeting the interests of the players in the entire family— from vibrant puzzlers to fast-paced action.
"Successful casual games for the PC need to be graphically beautiful, fun to play, and can be stopped and started in short bursts as players find some extra time or need a break from the monotony of the workday— each of our games hit that standard," said Igor Bukhman, president of Playrix Entertainment. "We're excited to feature our discounted line-up of great games for the fans of GameDuJour.com."
Playrix has selected to offer these seven games during its featured week on GameDuJour.com:
• Monday, April 14: The Rise of Atlantis - "an extraordinary puzzle game in which players set out on an adventurous quest around ancient lands to gather the seven greatest powers of the patron god of the Atlanteans - Poseidon."
• Tuesday, April 15: Race Cars - The Extreme Rally - "a fabulous 3D game delivering a test of speed and skill, featuring 12 of the fastest race cars to choose from, racers can compete on a variety of tracks in different weather conditions and climates."
• Wednesday, April 16: Inca Ball - "an adventurous puzzle game requiring players to shoot an orb into a moving chain of colored balls trying to create a sequence of the same color, which will disappear."
• Thursday, April 17: Star Defender 4 - "players settle into the pilot seat of their spaceship and battle their way through more than 100 breathtaking levels filled with black holes, strange spacecraft, and annoying insects."
• Friday, April 18: Aquitania - "upon entering the mythical land of Aquitania, players will search for treasure in a once idyllic world that has been troubled by a series of events both magical and mysterious."
• Saturday, April 19: Cradle of Persia - "requiring skill and a keen wit, this is an engaging puzzle game in which players seek out the riddles of ancient Persian ruins."
• Sunday, April 20: Atlantis Quest - "in this classic style matching game with a dazzling new twist, players will need to discover pieces of ancient artifacts that will help you find a way to your destination - the lost city of Atlantis."
Each game, regularly priced at US$19.95, will be marked down by 50% on their respective days at www.GameDuJour.com— making them available for only $9.98..
About Game du Jour
Game du Jour, launched in December 2006, is the first company in the world to offer one deal a day in the indie and casual PC games market. While the company aims to be best known for its daily deals, Game du Jour is at its core a marketing partner to game developers, giving those companies the opportunity for a rush of sales and heightened brand exposure during their products' 24-hour lifecycle at GameDuJour.com. For more information about Game du Jour, visit www.GameDuJour.com/about-us.
# # #