For Immediate Release
London, UK– 12th 'May 2010– Steel Media today announces that the PocketGamer.biz Mobile Games Trends Report 2010 is now on sale.
At 150 pages and covering iPhone, Java, and new smartphone platforms, as well as key trends and technology, this comprehensive report includes insight and contributions from leading players: EA Mobile, Gameloft, Glu Mobile, Apple, Google, Research In Motion, Microsoft, Samsung, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Namco Bandai Networks, I-play, Digital Chocolate, ngmoco, Capcom, O2, Vodafone, Orange, and T-Mobile.
Edited by industry veteran Owain Bennallack and including data, analysis and insight from key mobile game sector representatives, the report is one of the most comprehensive examples to focus on the state of the mobile game industry.
Featured content highlights include:
• Essential App Store Round-up: In-depth overview of the principle app stores and distribution channels plus separate analysis of key data and trends
• 2010 Forward Focus: Ten key issues and trends for the year ahead
• Deal Tracker: Quick reference guide to where the money was going in 2009, including the Top 150 deals of the year
• Executive Briefing - App Store Marketing: Insider's Guide to marketing your games and apps
• 2009 Review: All the developments, deals, and trends
• Publisher Analysis: Competitive analysis of the ten leading publishers' 2009 activity
• Focus On… Emerging Mobile Business Models: Analysis of the different business models available, covering the likes of: freemium, in-app purchase, episodic content, ad-funding, and more
• Case Studies: The 50 key mobile games you need to know about
• Territory Report - China: Is 2010 the time to make your move in the Far East?
• Game Portals: Analysis and comparison of the key consumer portals
• Unique Industry Confidence Survey: Key players from the value chain share their views and forecasts
• Market Data Round-up: Key facts and figures on the industry and trends
• iPhone OS4 Update: The features of Apple’s OS4– and their implications for the mobile game business– analysed
The report expands on the industry-leading and critically acclaimed 2009 edition, again providing a series of in-depth reports, data and expert analysis of key trends in mobile gaming that will prove indispensable for companies operating in this sector.
The PocketGamer.biz Mobile Trends Report is available for purchase now, at a special reduced single copy rate of£559 (saving£140), as either a print or digital version.
Copies can be ordered by visiting www.pocketgamer.biz/reports.
For more information, contact Jon Jordan ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
Notes to editors
Launched in July 2008, sister site PocketGamer.biz is the UK’s mobile game industry-focused site from the highly experienced team behind PocketGamer.co.uk. It aims to cover the issues affecting the sector by providing the insightful news, features and opinion that it deserves, while working to help push this multi-billion industry forward. www.pocketgamer.biz
About the Pocket Gamer network
PocketGamer.co.uk is the UK’s most popular destination website for mobile and handheld gaming news, previews and reviews. The site was established by Steel Media in March 2006 and now reaches an audience of over 500K readers per month, generating over 1.8 million page views online, plus an additional audience via our wap and iPhone editions. www.pocketgamer.co.uk
Steel Media also publishes a bi-monthly Pocket Gamer mobile games magazine in association with leading mobile operators in the UK which is distributed in-store and online with a readership of c.200K.
In addition, Pocket Gamer reviews and content appear on the wap portals of leading UK operators and handset manufacturers, providing a total estimated audience in excess of 4 million each month.
Building upon the success of the UK site, Steel Media extended its proven formula to the French market with the launch of a bespoke, fully localised portal written and edited by an experienced and dedicated team of French game journalists to deliver the same quality of expert news, features, reviews and opinion for which Pocket Gamer is renowned.
About Steel Media
Steel Media is a leading mobile consumer technology publisher based in the UK. Headed up by Chris James and with a team boasting over 50 years of experience in consumer and contract publishing, the company currently publishes mobile and handheld gaming websites PocketGamer.co.uk and PocketGamer.fr, industry focused site PocketGamer.biz and consumer friendly mobile entertainment site PocketPicks.co.uk. Steel Media also supplies mobile gaming news and other contract services to a number of third-party publishers and brands.
For further information the Pocket Gamer network or Steel Media, contact Chris James: email@example.com
XL Communications Ltd
Phone: 07834 020460