Dublin, Ireland– February 8, 2011 — PopCap Games, the worldwide leader in casual video games, today announced the global launch of Plants vs. Zombies™ for the PlayStation ® Network. An extension of the company’s hugely popular franchise, this adaptation delivers 2 modes of non-stop multiplayer action, 12 achievements and 21 mini-games.
Plants vs. Zombies on the PlayStation Network is one of the most action-packed iterations of PopCap’s blockbuster, award-winning game series, in which players—armed with an arsenal of mutant, zombie-battling plants— must defend their home against hordes of the quirky undead. The fun never dies with plenty of head-to-head challenges and cooperative gameplay throughout.
Plants vs. Zombies for the PlayStation Network features:
· A total of seven addictive game modes, including two multiplayer modes: Co-Op and Vs. Mode
· 12 achievements and 21 mini-games, including the fan favorite Heavy Weapon ™ mini-game, inspired by another of PopCap’s popular titles.
· A novel, fun way to track and share progress online, where players create and accessorize their own custom house and cruise down the street to see their friends’ cribs!
· Sharp, high-definition graphics at 1920 x 1080
· All 50 levels of the original Adventure mode along with Puzzle, Survival, and Zen Garden modes
PopCap Games is the leading global developer, publisher and operator of casual video games: fun, easy-to-learn, captivating games that appeal to all ages across PC, mobile, social and other platforms. Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000 and has a worldwide staff of more than 400 people in Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, Vancouver, B.C., Dublin, Seoul, Shanghai and Tokyo. PopCap's games have been downloaded over 1.5 billion times by consumers worldwide, and its flagship franchise, Bejeweled ®, has sold more than 50 million units.
# # #
The PopCap logo and all other trademarks used herein that are listed at www.popcap.com/trademarks are owned by PopCap Games, Inc. or its licensors and may be registered in some countries. Other company and product names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners and are used for the benefit of those owners.