SEATTLE, Washington– December 19, 2007— PopCap Games, the leading developer and publisher of casual games, announced that beginning today and continuing through 11:59 p.m. (PDT) on January 3, 2008, all of its games can be purchased for 50% off their regular prices at www.popcap.com. When used in tandem with the printable/email-able gift certificate on the site (in the lower left corner of the homepage), the limited-time discount also enables consumers to give the gift of casual games remotely or in printed form while allowing the recipients to choose the games after trying as many as they like for free. During the promotion, games that carry suggested retail prices (SRPs) of US$19.95 will be available for US$9.98, and games with SRPs of $14.95 will be available for US$7.48.
“With the holidays looming and people looking for that last-minute gift or something for the tough-to-buy-for person on their list, we decided it would be a good time to try a sizable discount offer and make it available in multiple forms,” explained John Vechey, co-founder of PopCap and director of online operations.“Whether it’s for the kid sister who’s in one of those‘nothing is cool’ mindsets or the great-grandmother who already has everything else in the world, a PopCap game is a sure-fire gift that the whole family will enjoy.”
The printable/email-able gift certificate on PopCap’s site is whimsically illustrated with characters and iconic imagery from the company’s biggest hits including Bejeweled®, Bookworm™, Zuma™ and Insaniquarium™. Using the gift certificate is fast and easy:
- Purchasing the gift certificate takes less than a minute via any major credit card.
- The certificate arrives via email within a few minutes and can be sent directly to the recipient, or forwarded by the purchaser. It can also be printed out and mailed in a card or stuffed in a stocking (standard CD jewel cases won’t fit in most stockings).
- The gift giver doesn’t need to know which game(s) would be most enjoyed by the recipient– the gift certificate can be applied to any of the four dozen games available on PopCap’s Website.
- Even the recipient of the gift certificate doesn’t need to choose a game“blindly”– thanks to PopCap’s“try before you buy” policy, any and all games on the site can be played by the recipient, after which the preferred game(s) can be“purchased” via the gift certificate instantly.
- To redeem the gift certificate, the recipient simply enters the certificate code during the normal check-out process on PopCap.com.
No special coupon or code is required to take advantage of the 50% discount offer; all purchases of downloadable games for PC and Mac computers made on the site (via credit card or gift certificate redemption) will occur at half the regular price. Purchasers should bear in mind that gift certificates redeemed after January 3, 2008 will not be eligible for the 50% discount– note also that the gift certificates are not directly tied to the 50% promotion and thus never expire. Further, a gift certificate is not required in order to take advantage of the 50% discount during the promotional period. Versions of PopCap’s games for cell phones and other mobile devices are not eligible for the discount nor can they be purchased via gift certificate redemption. No other discount codes are eligible for use on the same purchases during this holiday promotion*.
PopCap Games ( www.popcap.com) is the leading multi-platform provider of“casual games”— fun, easy-to-learn, captivating computer games that appeal to everyone from age 6 to 106. Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000 and has a worldwide staff of over 160 people in Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, Vancouver, B.C. and Dublin. Its games have been downloaded more than 1 billion times by consumers worldwide, and its flagship title, Bejeweled®, has sold more than 10 million units across all platforms. Constantly acclaimed by consumers and critics, PopCap’s games are played on the Web, desktop computers, myriad mobile devices (cell phones, smartphones, PDAs, Pocket PCs, iPod and more), popular game consoles (such as Xbox), and in-flight entertainment systems. PopCap is the only casual games developer with leading market share across all major sales channels, including Web portals, retail stores, mobile operators and developers, and game device manufacturers.
# # #
*Offer valid only for games downloaded from 12/18/2007 through 1/3/2008. Not valid with any other offer or discount. Offer applies only to individual titles compatible with your PC/Mac; excludes multi-game packages, mobile games, iPod games, CD-ROMs and console products. Void where prohibited by law.