LONDON - 9 OCTOBER 2008 - Get ready. The evolution is coming. Microsoft Corp. today announced at the Tokyo Game Show 2008 that the New Xbox Experience, a transformation in home entertainment, will launch on Wednesday, 19th November. On that day, millions of Xbox 360 owners worldwide will experience a completely new Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft that is fun, social and simple to use– and puts more entertainment at their fingertips than any other device connected to the TV.
“Our industry is defining the future of entertainment,” said John Schappert, corporate vice president of Interactive Entertainment LIVE, Software and Studios, while at the Tokyo Game Show 2008.“When the New Xbox Experience launches in just six weeks, we will be inviting the whole world to play. We will also have the games that everyone will want, including all-new social experiences like‘Lips,’‘Scene It? Box Office Smash,’ and‘You’re In the Movies,’ all launching this Christmas all exclusively on Xbox 360.”
With the launch of the New Xbox Experience<1> on 19th November, Xbox 360 owners will enjoy the following:
• Entertainment without limits. Xbox 360 invites you into a limitless world where the best games and movies live side by side with your personal pictures and music library, and ready to share your fun anytime with friends across the globe through the Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network.
• Xbox LIVE Party: Xbox 360 allows you to create a virtual party on your TV with up to seven friends. With LIVE Party, voice chat while you play games, share photos in real-time<2> and entertain friends all over the world.
• Personality plus. Create a customisable, animated avatar and literally jump into the world of Xbox LIVE. Your avatar is your game-face throughout the New Xbox Experience and represents your personality– whether you are a LIVE Party host or chatting with a friend. With custom avatars created by the more than 14 million members worldwide, Xbox LIVE will have as many avatars as Tokyo has residents<3>.
• On-demand entertainment. Xbox 360 is home to the best movie and music entertainment, including a large online library of on-demand high-definition movies from partners like Warner Bros. Entertainment, Constantin and MGM.
• Games for the community, by the community. For the first time in the history of console gaming, thousands of games developed by the creative community will be available to the public. The Community Games channel on Xbox LIVE will include games made by students, hobbyists, and everyday people all around the world and will be exclusive to Xbox LIVE.
When the New Xbox Experience launches this autumn, it will join the best and broadest Xbox 360 entertainment line-up of games ever. Whatever your passion, Xbox 360 has games for you. Only on Xbox 360 can you unleash your inner diva with“Lips;” live your favourite movie moments with“You’re in the Movies” and“Scene It? Box Office Smash;” and find Xbox LIVE Arcade favourites like“Castle Crashers” alongside indie favourites like the smash hit“Braid.”
• Music. Xbox 360 is the preferred stage for the best music games, including“Lips,”“Rock Band 2,” and“Guitar Hero® World Tour” and“DanceDanceRevolution® UNIVERSE3.”
• Family. Xbox 360 gets the whole family playing with titles such as“Banjo Kazooie: Nuts&Bolts,”“Dig Dug Stylish Edition,”“PacLand” and“Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise.”
• Sports. Xbox 360 remains the best place to play sports titles, including leading franchises like“PES 2009,”“Tiger Woods PGA TOUR,”“NBA LIVE,”“NHL 2K” and more.
• Blockbusters.“FINAL FANTASY® XIII” will be available on Xbox 360 at launch in North America and Europe. And Xbox 360 is the only place gamers can play the year’s biggest games, such as“Gears of War 2” and“Fable II.”
For press information, please contact:
Nik Thakkar / 020 3047 4087 / email@example.com
Seema Parmar / 020 3047 4001 / firstname.lastname@example.org
About Xbox 360
Xbox 360 is a premier video game and entertainment system. It is home to the best and broadest games plus more standard and high-definition movies and TV shows on demand than any other device connected to the TV. The digital centre of the living room, Xbox 360 blends unbeatable content, including personal pictures and music, with a unified online social network to create a limitless entertainment experience that can be shared at home or across the globe. More information can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/xbox360.
About Xbox LIVE
Xbox LIVE is thefirst and most comprehensive unified online entertainment network seamlessly integrated throughout the entire console experience, making it easy for people to find the friends, games and entertainment they want from the moment they power on their Xbox 360 system. Xbox LIVE connects more than 14 million members across 26 countries to enjoy hundreds of multiplayer games, downloadable games via Xbox LIVE Arcade, free and premium playable game demos, music videos, TV shows and movies in the United States as well as new game levels, characters and vehicles for all their favourite retail games. More information can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/nxe
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq“MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
For more information, press only:
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Web page at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass on Microsoft’s corporate information pages. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may since have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/contactpr.mspx.