SAN FRANCISCO – March 20, 2013 – Leading global and mobile social game publisher, 6waves, and award-winning developer, Big Blue Bubble, today announced that Raft Pirates , their mobile MMO starring adorable robot pirates, is welcoming another famous robot—Android’s Green Robot—to release their game on Google Play: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sixwaves.raftpirates
Android sailors can now explore the online seas for weapons, blueprints, maps, and diamonds to build armed rafts, plunder other ships for loot, and protect themselves against enemy captains bent on snatching their booty. More resources means more dice to roll in battle and better preparation against attacks while the player is offline!
The ocean outlaws have set sail for Android! Get Raft Pirates for free on Google Play today: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sixwaves.raftpirates
Raft Pirates features:
- Enter a giant mobile virtual world where real pirates play for keeps!
- Search for sunken treasure to build the strongest raft with 33 different weapons and nine material types.
- Gather items to upgrade ships or purchase items in the shop with in-game currencies including diamonds and gold.
- Fight through five zones with five bosses each.
- Engage other pirate ships in battle by rolling the dice: the player with the higher dice roll delivers a swashbuckling blow! More weapons provide more dice to roll.
- The high seas never sleep -- a raft is never invincible while a captain is away.
6waves is a leading publisher of independent games on social networks and mobile platforms, partnering with developers all over the world to bring the best games to the millions of users in its gaming network. From its original roots on Facebook, the company has now expanded into iOS and Android, Yahoo! Mobage, Mixi and Hangame in Japan, and Tencent in China. Headquartered in Hong Kong with offices in San Francisco, Moscow, Beijing and Tokyo, the team has a uniquely international perspective and has forged successful partnerships with developers from across the globe. 6waves’ investors include Insight Venture Partners and Nexon Co. Ltd.
About Big Blue Bubble
Established in 2004, Big Blue Bubble is an award-winning developer of video games. With hit titles such as Burn the Rope and Thumpies, the London, Ontario-based company boasts BAFTA and IGN Editor’s Choice awards. Today, Big Blue Bubble continues to thrive on their guiding principle of designing compelling multi-platform games on mobile, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, PC, Mac, and Facebook.
Erin Fan, TriplePoint
Download the press kit
Download the launch trailer
Watch the trailer on YouTube