WARSAW, Poland—July 9 th 2013—Gamelion Studios ( http://www.game-lion.com) has just announced Rage of the Gladiator™, the critically acclaimed hit game, has been re-envisioned as a completely new experience and is being released this Wednesday on July 10 th 2013 as a FREE iOS title for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad devices.
Rage of the Gladiator is a fantasy fighting game. You control a gladiator, fighting for your life in an arena. Armed with your magical warhammer and a trusty shield, you must defeat fantastic bosses including a Chimera, Beholder, and a Dragon.
“Rage of the Gladiator is a series of epic boss-battles,” said Ed Roman, the game’s designer. “There are no ‘fodder’ enemies – its all bosses, which we find to be the most fun part of games! The game is similar to other first-person brawler games such as Infinity Blade, but requires more thinking and has greater depth of play.”
In Rage of the Gladiator, each boss has unique abilities and powers that you need to pay close attention to. Exploit the weakness of each enemy by jumping, dodging, or shield blocking with the proper timing and agility. Then unleash your rage by brutally pounding your enemy with your warhammer and bashing them with your shield, and you will triumph.
The title has received praise including:
· Game of the Year (Action), TouchArcade
· Game of the Week, PocketGamer
· “must have”, SlideToPlay review – 4/4
· “Console-quality action”, 148Apps review – 4/5
Features of the game include:
Insane “finishing moves.” You
have 14 finishing moves that destroy your opponent in over-the-top
- Leap to the skies, then plunge your warhammer into the ground, creating a pillar of fire that burns your enemy to a crisp.
- Transform into a hulking colossus 10 times the size of your opponent, pounding him into the ground.
- Darken the skies with a solar eclipse, sending a beam of light to fry your enemy.
- Fantastic 3D-graphics. Fully rendered and realistic, you do combat in a beautifully rendered 3D arena. This polish level is rare for a downloadable title.
- Extremely realistic animations. When you attack bosses, the impacts and hits feel “real.” Each boss has been painstakingly animated to react properly to each of your attacks.
- Epic soundtrack. The music has been designed to be exciting and memorable, and really gets your blood pumping.
· All-new achievement mission battles. Can you survive them all? 90+ battles in total!
· Unlock the legendary Brutal Victory skill via daily rewards.
· All new weapons, armor, shields, and helmets available to customize your character.
· Magical items and treasure chests to help you progress.
“ Rage of the Gladiator is a monumental undertaking.” said Mr. Roman. “ It has content comparable to a full $50 console title in a free download for iPhone and iPad devices.”
For more information, visit http://www.facebook.com/RageOfTheGladiator
Rage of the Gladiator will be available for free from July 10 th 2013 on iTunes App Store for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad devices, or at www.AppStore.com