MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Dec. 8, 2011 – Leading gamer network Raptr today revealed their inaugural “Most Played” Awards, recognizing the year’s blockbuster videogame releases. The awards reveal exactly how gamers are spending their time with the biggest releases of 2011 based on gamer behavior and activities, including average individual playtime, average session length and total playtime share.
The recipients of Raptr’s “Most Played Awards of 2011” are as follows:
· Most Played Game – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
· Most Played Shooter – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
· Most Played RPG – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
· Most Played Open-World Game – Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
· Most Played Sports Game – FIFA Soccer 12 (EA Sports)
· Most Played Social Game – The Sims Social (EA Play)
· Most Played New IP – L.A. Noire (Rockstar)
· Most Successful Paid to Free-to-Play Game – DC Universe Online (Sony Online Entertainment)
Highlights from the report include:
· Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 earned double the amount of playtime in its opening month than Battlefield 3 did in its opening month.
· The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim dominated the RPG category with six times more total playtime than the closest competitor, Dragon Age 2.
· DC Universe Online experienced a 2500% increase in total playtime per day after switching from a subscription business model to free-to-play.
· The Sims Social accumulated more total playtime in its opening month than all other social games released in 2011 in their respective opening months.
“2011 is turning out to be a boon for gamers, and our awards highlight how gamers are investing the most amount of their precious time playing every day,” said Dennis Fong, CEO of Raptr. “We want to congratulate all the people involved in creating the hit games that won in their respective categories.”
To view the full Raptr Report on the “Most Played Games of 2011,” please visit: http://blog.raptr.com/2011/12/08/raptrs-most-played-games-of-2011/.
Raptr tracks actual gameplay data from its user base of more than 10 million gamers. Statistics were determined based on total hours played in the first month, average session length in the first month, and average playtime per person in the first week. Due to data restrictions, this report does not factor in playtime data from Wii and PS3. For the full breakdown of methodology, please read the full report.
Created by a world-class team led by CEO and founder Dennis Fong (co-founder of Xfire, Lithium, and Gamers.com), the award-winning Raptr service provides gamers with a central location to connect with both friends and the games they play. More than 10 million people already use Raptr to track their games and to discover gaming content personalized by their gameplay activity. Since 2007, Raptr has raised more than $27 million in funding from investors Accel Partners, Founder’s Fund, DAG Ventures, and Tenaya Capital. For more information about Raptr, please visit http://raptr.com.