London, UK – 13 March 2013 - Independent Game Developer Vivid Games announced that Real Boxing is now available for Android devices on Google Play. Already a smash hit on iOS, Real Boxing is an ultra-realistic boxing game featuring lifelike graphics powered by the Unreal Engine as well as extensive motion capture from professional boxers. The game has been upgraded for Android with graphics optimised for devices that are powered by the NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor. It’s also featured in TegraZone – NVIDIA’s free app that showcases the best games optimized for the Tegra processor.
Real Boxing features an immersive Career Mode in which players fight through multiple tournaments and real-world venues in their quest to become boxing's World Champion. Whilst battling for the title, players must take on over 20 opponents, each with their own unique fighting style. Players can improve their boxer’s core skills through a series of mini games including skipping rope, heavy bag and mini bag. Players can also extensively customise the appearance of their boxer through hundreds of possible combinations of hairstyle, skin colour, facial hair, clothing and tattoos.
The game’s optimizations for Tegra 3 devices include enhanced textures, increased poly count and animations, per pixel specular and true depth of field. Vivid Games is also working on an upcoming Tegra 4-optimised version of Real Boxing that will run on devices such as NVIDIA’s Project SHIELD.
“We’re very excited to be bringing Real Boxing to Android devices,” said Remi Koscielny, CEO of Vivid Games. “Real Boxing has been incredibly well received by fans and critics alike for its console-quality graphics. The power of the NVIDIA Tegra processor on so many Android devices means that the game’s graphical polish and impact are being taken to a whole new level.”
· Amazing Unreal-powered graphics and motion capture create astonishing realism. See sweat and blood fly with every punch.
· Optimised for Android and NVIDIA Tegra-powered devices.
· Deep Career Mode with over 30 fights and three belt titles to win.
· Train your boxer with mini games including skipping rope, heavy bag and mini bag.
· Fight over 20 opponents with their own unique and adaptive fighting styles.
· Play KO and Clinch minigames during a round for an energy boost.
· See, hear, and feel the roar of the crowd across 6 incredibly detailed venues including Moscow’s Red Square.
· Unlock new equipment, extra opponents and customised clothing.
· Customise your fighter’s appearance: hairstyle, skin colour, tattoos and clothing.
Real Boxing is available for $4.99 / £2.99 from Google Play.
Watch the gameplay video online: http://youtu.be/4Ncjam0fJ9k
or check the behind the scenes content from www.realboxinggame.com
Note to editors:
Media assets can be downloaded at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/psd4dqd0w7tb8yb/RealBoxingAndroidMediaKit.zip
About Vivid Games
Vivid Games is one of Europe’s premier emerging independent development studios, with a passion for accessible and engaging gaming at the heart of its philosophy. Founded in 2006, Vivid Games is making a valuable contribution to the worldwide games development community. Vivid Games has become renowned for its specialization in cross-platform development, working both with licensed brands and exciting new IPs of its own. www.vividgames.com
For more information please contact: