London, England– October 12th, 2007– Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, and Gameloft are proud to announce that Real Football 2008 for the Nintendo DS™ has romped through the qualification phase to reach European retail shelves today as a real contender for the title!
About Real Football 2008
Downloaded by 4.1 million players around the world and widely considered as being the definitive football game for mobile devices, Real Football 2008 is now available on Nintendo DS. With its amazing accessibility, Real Football 2008 lets anyone who loves the beautiful game, regardless of their skill level, set the field on fire with dribbles, step-overs, set pieces and spectacular goals. Play in larger-than-life stadiums, take on players with realistic characteristics and feel just like a real player as you shout into the built-in mic to influence the referee’s decisions!
The release of Real Football on 2008 is supported by international football stars Patrick Vieira and Carles Puyol, who are the cover stars for the game.
Real Football key features:
• Fun and intuitive football right from the whistle: Extremely intuitive controls make it easy to put together awesome footballing feats, regardless of your level, and perform spectacular technical moves such as bicycle kicks, step-overs, back-heels, flip-flaps and lobs.
• Innovations that truly take advantage of DS functionalities: Yell into the microphone to influence the referee's decisions and thump penalty kicks into the back of the net with the stylus on the touch screen.
• Graphics and animation that push the limits of immersion and establish a new standard of quality on the DS: Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of match day with nine stadiums that have been intricately modelled down to the smallest details. Stands, fans, pitch detail and 3D players with animations modelled on top world players all help create a genuine match feel.
• Advanced, dynamic artificial intelligence: Your team-mates and opponents adapt to your playing style, offering never-before-seen strategy depth. You'll see them run the ball, use defence pressing, or even be substituted, based on the decisions you make.
• Multi-player mode for unlimited replayability: Play with up to four players with multiple cartridges and enjoy fiercely competitive, unforgettable football tournaments.
Real Football 2008 for DS is rated PEGI 3+
For more information on the game, please visit the official Web site at:
© 2007 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Published and distributed by Ubisoft Entertainment under license from Gameloft. Gameloft, Gameloft Logo and Real Football are trademarks of Gameloft and are used under license. Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.
NINTENDO DS IS A TRADEMARK OF NINTENDO.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated sales of€680 million for the 2006-07 fiscal year. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones. Established in 1999, it has emerged as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile handsets equipped with Java, Brew or Symbian technology. The total number of games-enabled handsets is anticipated to exceed two billion units in 2008.
Partnership agreements with leading licensors and sports personalities such as Ubisoft Entertainment, Universal Pictures, Dreamworks Animations SKG, Endemol, 20th Century Fox, Viacom, Sony Pictures, Warner Bros., FifPro, Lamborghini, Vans, Paris Hilton, Derek Jeter, Vijay Singh, Reggie Bush or Llewton Hewitt allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Block Breaker Deluxe, Asphalt: Urban GT and New York Nights.
Through agreements with major telephone wireless carriers, handset manufacturers, specialized distributors and its online shop, Gameloft has a distribution network in over 75 plus countries.
Gameloft has worldwide offices in New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Montreal, Mexico, Buenos Aires, Paris, London, Cologne, Milan, Madrid, Copenhagen, Warsaw, New Delhi, Seoul, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Sydney. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
For more information visit www.gameloft.com.