The London MCM Expo once again proves it’s the largest dedicated consumer show for entertainment and video games. The weekend’s shenanigans saw over 30,000 descend on the Excel Centre, London’s biggest and best venue, all with a shared passion to meet the hottest names on TV and the silver screen, to get exclusive first plays on this year’s most anticipated video games, to make new friends, buy memorabilia and to have one hell of a good time.
With a top notch line-up, including the stars of The Chronicles of Narnia, Heroes, Battlestar Galactica, and from UK TV series Merlin, Primeval and next year's Demons, video games fresh from the Tokyo Games Shows from KOEI and first play opportunities from Midway, Capcom, EA and Ubisoft, live bands, movie trailers and so much more, it’s little wonder that with its superior numbers, location and brands on offer, the London MCM Expo has firmly established itself as the biggest and best dedicated consumer event that this country has to offer. On top of that, it’s a record breaker too.
Shattering Germany's recent record of 337, and making London's last record of 80– set in March this year– a distant memory, the London MCM Expo broke into the record book with a mighty 342 video game related cosplayers, while the myriads of people dressed as their favourite characters from the world of movies, TV and comic books looked on.
KOEI’s PR and marketing manager Mikey Foley comments,“The London EXPO was once again a tremendous success for KOEI with a huge number of fans turning up and having a great time. We chose to unveil some of our brand new games for the first time in Europe at this show simply because those who attend are so passionate and knowledgeable. And once again the cosplay turnout was truly spectacular with some of the KOEI fans amazing us with their remarkable costumes.”
Hugh K. David, Marketing Consultant for LDMS and ADV films adds,“The London MCM Expo has utterly surpassed itself. I have never seen such a superbly managed and successful event. Everything, from the advance PR, the revamped website, the guest list, right through to the pre-sales and the final numbers on the day, to the actual event itself, was handled with a professionalism and efficiency that must be applauded. Well done - we look forward to working with everyone again next year.”
Let’s make May 2009 another record breaking expo!
For photos or further information or access to the online press centre for hi-res images please contact Tom Smith on 07905 515 966 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
• Over 30,000 people attended.
• Advanced ticket sales up from last October by 145%
• World Record for video game related cosplay set.
• Venue: London Excel Centre, one of the UK’s finest and largest venues.
• Last London MCM Expo: 25-26 October 2008.
• Next London MCM Expo: 23-24 May 2009.
• Guests included: Ben Barnes, Warwick Davis and Shane Rangi from The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Greg Grunberg, Brea Grant, Ken Lally, David H. Lawrence and Andre Royo from Heroes, Hannah Spearritt, Andrew Lee Potts, Lucy Brown, Juliet Aubrey and creators Tim Haines and Adrian Hodges from Primeval, Michael Hogan and Susan Hogan from Battlestar Galactica, Colin Morgan, Bradley James and creators Johnny Capps and Polly Buckle from Merlin, Christian Cooke and director Tom Harper from 2009’s Demons, Brad Swaile from X-Men: Evolution, Death Note and Dragon Ball Z, Ben Templesmith of 30 Days of Night and Dead Space fame, Young Bond: Silverfin writer and illustrator Charlie Higson and Kev Walker, and many more.
• Games playable at the event included: Ubisoft’s FarCry 2, Prince of Persia and Naruto: The Broken Bond, EA’s Dead Space, Midway’s Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, Capcom’s Street Fighter IV, and fresh from the Tokyo Game Show KOEI’s Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 and Warriors Orochi 2.
• Special gaming areas included: Sisha bar themed Monster Rancher chillout zone from Capcom, Yu-Gi-Oh card battle area and World of Warcraft board game area from Upper Deck, and DD:R area from DD:R UK.
• London MCM Expo is part of the MCM Expo Group hosting shows at Excel London, the International Centre Telford and the NEC Birmingham.
• For all exhibitor, marketing, brand or sponsorship enquiries please contact Bryan Cooney: email@example.com or 01327 878 550.
• For press enquires please contact Tom Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07905 515 966.