Press release– June 2008
The new great historical strategy video game about the Wars in America
Birth of America II: Wars in America 1750-1815 follows the successful historical strategy videogame Birth of America, AGEOD's American Civil War and Napoleon's Campaigns. It is the long-awaited well-expanded sequel of the acclaimed first game that made AGEOD. You can now fight all the big wars that made America between 1750 and 1815.
Wars in America 1750-1815 is a stand-alone game not compatible with the previous one. It includes:
• New cohesion system (based on the American Civil War/Napoleon’s Campaigns model) and its impacton combat
• Brand new concept of Engagement Points, allowing options for armaments purchases, political,economic and diplomatic options.
In addition, a challenging Foreign Entry competitive engine will allow player to struggle in the race forthe French Intervention.
• New orders (e.g. spiking the guns, surrender with the Honour of War, remove leader, distant unloadfrom ships).
• New abilities (adapted from those of American Civil War/Napoleon’s Campaigns and new rules here)
• Different updates and other rules (e.g. combat, Indians, minutemen, blockade, privateers, navaltransport, optional limited activation rules, German mercenaries, etc...)
• New in game Replay module allows to see the turn you played (or any other– exchange them with friends!)
• Updater module to check if you play with the latest game version.
• Play-by-email and TCP/IP ARES module
• Improved AI
• Multiple resolutions Interface
• New map: extension of the map up to the Mississippi in the west, blockade and commerce raiding boxes, new European off-map boxes (France, GB, Spain, Holland) or in the Americas (Hudson Bay, Newfoundland, Cuba)
• Over a hundred new leaders and units.
• New Scenarios (including at least the following)
-Scenarios 1750-1780: Lord Dunmore War, new FIW 1755-1763 war campaign, Galvez 79
-Scenarios 1780-1800: Fallen Timbers 1791-1794
-Scenarios 1812-1815: Great Lakes 1813, Full War of 1812-1815 campaign, New Orleans 1815
• New Events (according to scenarios) and wide set of options for you to customize your strategy.
• Widely extended manual and player’s aides.
• New extra in game music from the time, thanks to the performance and support of 3rd US Infantry Regiment and the US Army Fife and Drums Corps.
Delivered: Q3 2008
Multiplayer: yes (2 gamers)
Developer: AGE Studio
Official website: www.ageod.com
OS: Windows XP/Vista -DirectX 9.0c or more
Processor: Pentium® IV 1800+ MHz
2Go free on hard disk
1024 Mo RAM
Video card: 128 Mo
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 or more
AGEOD is an established independent French publishing company, founded in 2005 by a few French games industry veterans (including Philippe THIBAUT, designer of historical strategy award-winning games Europa Universalis TM , Pax Romana TM , Great Invasions TM , Birth of America TM and American Civil War TM ), based in Meylan, France (in the French Alps). Voted Developer of the Year by players on the Wargamer website in 2006 for our Birth of America game. Several new projects are under preparation for the coming months, and we expect most to be as successful as our last two titles, Birth of America TM and American Civil War TM . AGEOD's first emphasis is placed on historical strategy games with original and innovative features. For more information, visit the AGEOD website at www.ageod.com