SANTA CLARA, CA (January 16, 2013) -- ChangYou.com (US) Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of ChangYou.com Ltd. (NASDAQ: CYOU) and a leading publisher of online interactive entertainment in North America, today announced that the Renaissance Heroes beta will launch on January 22nd and will continue through the February 6th. The beta will introduce the new European server, several new game elements, including two new characters and maps, as well as a new play mode. Players will also have the opportunity to participate in daily events to win prizes.
Two new characters, Bart and Medici, have joined the four other heroes already in the game. The last Holy Guardian Bart has come in hopes of restoring the Vatican to its original ideals, and vain, aristocratic Medici, has succumbed to his lust for money and power, and hopes to test his mettle against the strength of those that stand before him. Castle Skyros and Atelier in Ruins are two new added environments that players will now be able to explore, and the new Touch Down mode offers an exciting twist to the competitive gameplay.
"We are ready to kick off 2013 with some awesome new content and events," said Matthew Lenehan, Producer at ChangYou.com (US), Inc. "This beta launch will have no data wipe, enabling players to get a head start before the game hits commercial launch in late Q1, 2013. With the benefit of early access, players that register by 12:00 PM (PDT) on January 22nd will receive a Founder's Pack that includes a character costume, power-ups, an exclusive banner, and a new weapon!"
In celebration of the launch, special events will be held each day throughout the beta, giving players a chance to win a variety of great prizes. Players will have the opportunity to receive one entry for each day they log into the game, but must be sure to complete at least one match to be entered into the prize drawing. Prizes range from special in-game items to a Razer TM Blade gaming laptop or a GeForce GTX660 video card.
Renaissance Heroes is an online multiplayer first-person shooter (FPS) powered by Unreal Engine 3 technology and set in the beautifully rendered and re-imagined world of 16th century Renaissance Europe. The game combines fast paced arena action coupled with easy accessibility in a completely free to play environment. Renaissance Heroes takes place in an alternative history in which famed inventor Leonardo da Vinci has created a machine that can change the world. In the wake of his death, the plans and pieces of the mysterious invention have been scattered, and warring factions now vie to claim them as their own.
Features of the game include
- The beautifully re-imagined world of the 16th century Renaissance - Unique characters, maps, and weapons inspired to reflect the atmosphere of the Renaissance.
- Fast-paced competitive FPS - Intense, multiplayer arena based shooting with features such as melee combat, jump-pads, item pick-ups, and various ranged weapons to get the adrenaline pumping.
- No data wipe - All data will carry over to commercial launch.
- 2 new characters, Bart and Medici - Players can choose from any of the 6 unique characters, each with their own attributes and abilities.
- New maps - The beautiful architectural landscapes of Castle Skyros and Atelier in Ruins.
- Competitive head to head action - Battle with up to 12 players in popular game modes such as Team Deathmatch, Seize the Scrolls, and the new Touch Down mode.
- Powered by the advanced Unreal 3 Engine - The highly powerful and versatile engine achieves impressive graphical integrity and a superior first person shooter gaming experience.
- European server is now available!
About ChangYou.com (US)
ChangYou.com (US) is a publishing subsidiary of ChangYou.com, Ltd. (NASDAQ: CYOU) located in Santa Clara, California. Originally started as the MMORPG business unit of Sohu.com in 2003, ChangYou.com became a separate, stand-alone company in December 2007. As a leading publisher of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games in North America, ChangYou.com (US) has published a variety of multiplayer online games, including Dragon Oath and Sword Girls. More information about the company can be found at us.changyou.com.
Established in October 2012 and operated by ChangYou.com (US) Inc., GameFuse is a new online gaming destination which offers free-to-play online games that connects mid- to hard-core gamers in a fun, competitive and immersive experience. Currently in beta stage, the online portal offers a number of new and popular browser games and will soon expand its portfolio with a wide variety of free games that will quickly solidify itself as the top online gaming destination.