For Immediate Release
Staten Island , NY , October 24 th, 2010– Matrix Games ( www.matrixgames.com) and SEP REDS ( www.revolutionundersiege.com) are thrilled to release their new turn-based wargame on the Russian Civil War, Revolution Under Siege! Now gamers can re-fight this intense and pivotal conflict in this totally new and historically rich title based on the award-winning AGE game engine.
Revolution Under Siege also has a playable demo available so gamers can test out the trials and tribulations of Mother Russia for free! In addition, for an in-depth look at Revolution Under Siege be sure to check out the preview at the Wargamer.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said“ Revolution Under Siege brings the classic quality of an AGE engine title to a new and rarely-covered period– the Russian Civil War. With so many interesting factions battling for power, with backstabbing and plot twists as only history can provide and plenty of intriguing weapons at your disposal, Revolution Under Siege is a uniquely fascinating and fun wargaming experience!”
Revolution Under Siege is a simultaneous turn based historical wargame that puts you in charge of one of the factions that fought the Russian Civil War (1917-1923). From a ragtag group of volunteers create the powerful Red Army, using all the weaponry and equipment at your disposal: planes, tanks, armored trains, Cheka troops and the Konarmia (the famous Red Cavalry). Or, on the opposite side, gather all patriots and reform the elite divisions that shall save Holy Mother Russia. Can you succeed in crushing the Bolshevik hydra? Or will the people’s Revolution prevail? Several sides are playable: Trotsky’s Red Army, Denikin’s white counterrevolutionary forces of Southern Russia, Kolchak’s Siberians, Finnish from both sides, or the newly independent Polish troops led by Marshal Pilsudski. Revolution Under Siege is based on the AGE engine, famous from titles such as American Civil War or Wars in America, renowned and acclaimed wargames.
· A map of unrivalled precision from Poland to the Pacific Ocean.
· Be immersed in historical realism: hundreds of officers and units are faithfully represented in the game.
· Politics, requisitions, revolts, repression: Gain the support of the population or pressure them with your political police.
· Cleverly use the brand new weapons of the time: tanks, armored trains and aircraft.
· Recruitment, organization: Create massive armies from groups of volunteers and use them in ambitious plans for victory.
· Can you capture Lenin or eliminate the different White leaders?
· Use diplomacy to trigger foreign nations entry in the war. New allies will endlessly change the course of your games!
· Enjoy unique campaigns covering each one of the years of the war in Russia, as well as the Finnish Civil War (1918) or the Russian-Polish war (1920). Or rewrite history with a“what if” scenario.
Get more information on Revolution Under Siege from its official product page.
ABOUT MATRIX GAMES
Matrix Games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. Since 2000, Matrix Games has published over one hundred titles and several award-winning games, including Gary Grigsby’s War in the Pacific, Close Combat: The Longest Day, Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare, John Tiller’s Campaign Series, Conquest of the Aegean, Crown of Glory: Emperor’s Edition, Battles In Normandy and Norm Koger’s The Operational Art of War III. Matrix Games is based in Staten Island, New York. For more information, visit the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com.