- PLEASURE ALERT -
Europe – October 10, 2011 – Ratloop Asia, an Independent Publisher and Developer of high quality, innovative games for the hardcore audience, today announced that its cinematic platform adventure game Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken will crack out of its shell, strap on a jet pack and land exclusively on PlayStation®Network October 19, 2011.
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken builds upon the critically acclaimed browser-based game Rocketbirds: Revolution! and expands the Rocketbirds universe with new characters, missions, puzzles, exclusive music videos, retro cut scenes and more. Set in Albatropolis, a land full of birds taken over by a totalitarian penguin regime, Hardboiled Chicken, the original Coq of War, must assassinate the evil penguin leader Putzki. His mission will unlock the secrets to his mysterious, hard boiled past and uncover the real enemies of Albatropolis. In single-player mode, take on the role of Hardboiled Chicken and destroy your enemies with a slew of weapons you collect and unlock in each chapter. Master fowl play in the full co-op campaign which features 10 chapters and brings a narrative of its own as a pair of Budgie commandos on a mission to save the general’s daughter. Many lives will be destroyed, countless penguins will die, and an astonishing past will be unveiled through a series of unlockable cut scenes and videos.
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken will also feature Los Angeles based indie rock band New World Revolution to provide in-game music. Perfectly orchestrated to unlockable music videos and cut-scenes, the exclusive tracks from New World Revolution artistically unveil the untold story of main character Hardboiled Chicken, and expose the truth behind the evil penguin regime that Hardboiled sets out to destroy.
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken will launch exclusively on PlayStation®Network on October 19 th for 8.99 €/£7.19. The game is rated PEGI 12. For more information about Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, please visit:
* EDITOR/REVIEWERS - If you would like to reserve your PSN code/voucher to review the game on release please let me know
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken Features Include:
· 15 Chapters in Solo Campaign – Assume the role of Hardboiled Chicken, kick ass, kill penguins and take names on a mission to assassinate the evil penguin leader.
· 10 Chapters in Co-Op Campaign – Select a pair from the dirty half-dozen Budgie commando characters and set out on a mission to save the general’s daughter.
· Puzzles: Your birdie-brain must think quickly to use your environment and solve a variety of puzzles to move on to each level.
· Stereoscopic 3D: Fantastic, non-dizzying Stereoscopic 3D support, running at 60fps/720p enhance the visuals wherever available.
· Mini-stories: The plot thickens as you unlock cut-scenes and music videos at each level that uncover the truth about the totalitarian regime and Hardboiled’s mysterious past.
· Weapons: Kill penguins with a cache of guns you’ll find along the way from pistols, shotguns and Uzis to MP5s, M60s and AK-47s. Bring down the regime with grenades and other explosives. Unlock the ultimate weapon – Brain Bugs!
Contact Derek Reeve on behalf of Ratloop
About Ratloop Asia
Ratloop Inc. is a US based Independent game studio that has created innovative entertainment products since 1997. Ratloop Asia Pte Ltd was incorporated to support a development team based in Singapore to work on Rocketbirds, a new brand of titles. No stranger to independent games Development, Ratloop and Ratloop Asia have been awarded
· Independent Games Festival (IGF) nominations for their games for the last three consecutive years: Mightier, an autorigging puzzler game received a finalist nomination for the game Innovation Award at IGF 2009; in 2010, Rocketbirds: Revolution! received three finalist nominations for Excellence in Audio, Excellence in Visual Art and the Seumas McNally Grand Prize. This year, Ratloop Inc. won the Best Mobile Game category at the IGF 2011 for their ios game, Helsing’s Fire. The team has finally come together at Ratloop Asia in Singapore, which is set to release Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, the second installment in the Rocketbirds franchise, on PlayStation®Network in October 2011.
· All songs written by Herwig Maurer and published by Android Intelligence Agency, BMI.