SYDNEY, Australia – March 20, 2013 – Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) announced today the development of Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition for PlayStation®3, Microsoft Xbox 360® and PC, by New Zealand based games developer Sidhe. The sequel product includes myriad new features, improvements and fresh content including the addition of the highly anticipated British and Irish Lions 2013 Tour of Australia.
“We have been very excited to build on the huge success of the original Rugby Challenge” said Sebastian Giompaolo, Managing Director for HES. “Brand new features, expanded and refined gameplay, more options, and additional licenses such as the British and Irish Lions bring this game franchise to a whole new level. This is the definitive rugby union videogame experience”.
The game will be released as Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge 2 in France, All Blacks Rugby Challenge 2 in New Zealand, and Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition in rest of world.
The features and content of Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition include:
• Play in Single Match Mode, multi-team Competition Mode, a vastly expanded multi-year Career Mode, Tutorial Mode, or compete in online multiplayer with support up to 4v4 via PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE®, or Steam
• Refined and expanded gameplay with the addition of quick taps, quick lineouts, mauls from lineouts, interceptions, contesting ball at the breakdown, removing players from the ruck, number 8 scrum pickups, and dynamic in game team strategies on both attack and defence
• 110+ teams and 50+ stadia from around the world featured including official team, competition, and special match licenses for the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Bledisloe Cup, British and Irish Lions 2013 Tour of Australia, Barbarians FC, Combined Country, Super Rugby teams, Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, Pro D2, RaboDirect PRO12, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield
• More options to create or customise players, teams, and competitions, and change game rules and behaviour to shape the game to play how you want and keep the game fresh year after year
• Revamped sound and commentary systems, with real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Black turned commentator Justin Marshall, and French language commentary from Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard
“It has been a wonderful opportunity to build on the foundation we established with the original game to create a deeper, more engaging, and higher quality experience” said Tyrone McAuley, Technical Director for Sidhe and project vision holder. “Tighter controls, smoother animation, and smarter AI improve the title moment to moment, while additions such as significant new Northern Hemisphere content create a more global and well rounded game”.
Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition will release worldwide for PS3, 360 and PC in summer 2013. More information and ongoing updates about the game can be found at the official website www.rugbychallengegame.com
Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) are a Sydney-based firm specialising in the distribution of video game consoles, games and accessories throughout the Australian market. Established in 1984, HES are the exclusive distributors of Mad Catz and Tru Blu games in Australia, including 2003’s record breaking NRL Rugby League for PS2, XBOX and PC. HES also has a video game publishing arm, Tru Blu Entertainment.
Founded in 1997, Sidhe is the award-winning console development arm of leading videogame publisher PikPok. Sidhe has a proven track record of creating high-quality, mass-market, licensed and original titles for a worldwide audience. The studio has produced more than 20 high-profile games including the award winning original titles GripShift® and Shatter®, Speed Racer The Videogame, and Rugby Challenge.
For more information on Sidhe, please visit: www.sidhe.co.nz
Note to Editors: more media and information can be found at www.rugbychallengegame.com