SYDNEY, Australia – May 23, 2012 - ( GameNewswire) Tru Blu Entertainment announced today that Rugby Challenge will be available on the PlayStation® Vita handheld entertainment system, on 27 June 2012 in Europe, UK, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. The first game ever published for the PlayStation Vita by Tru Blu Entertainment features console quality Rugby Challenge gameplay, graphics, game modes and authenticity. Developed by NZ game studio Sidhe, the game will be marketed as Wallabies Rugby Challenge within Australia and Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge in Europe and other territories.
“We are excited to be able to bring the successful Rugby Challenge franchise to PlayStation Vita. It represents a quantum leap forward for hand-held gaming, delivering a console quality HD gaming experience in the palm of your hands,” said Managing Director, Sebastian Giompaolo. “We are especially looking forward to delivering a game into the hands of eager fans which utilises the touch screen capabilities of the world’s latest handheld system.”
Rugby Challenge on PlayStation Vita is packed with content, and features:
• Multiple game modes including Single Match, Competition and Multi Year Career Modes as well as extensive Help and Tutorial Mode options for players new to the game;
• 96 teams and 31 stadia, incorporating official team and competition licences for the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Bledisloe Cup, AU/NZ Super Rugby, Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, RaboDirect PRO12, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield;
• Utilisation of key PlayStation Vita capabilities including touch screen controls for gameplay (conversion kicks and lineouts), the rear touch panel for sprint and a full touch screen user interface;
• Online multiplayer capabilities allowing gamers to compete in 1 vs 1 head to head play and leaderboard competitions;
• Extensive customisation tools allowing users to shape the game to their own preferences by creating and customising new players, teams and competitions; and
• Real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Blacks’ halfback Justin Marshall.
More information and updates about Rugby Challenge can be found at the official website http://www.rugbychallengegame.com or by becoming a fan of Rugby Challenge on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/RugbyChallengeGame.
Established in 1984, Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) are a Sydney-based company specialising in the distribution of games, consoles and accessories for the video game market, and are the exclusive distributors of Mad Catz products within Australia. Through their publishing arm, Tru Blu Entertainment, HES have also been responsible for numerous game titles including the record breaking NRL Rugby League for PS2, XBOX and PC, and last year’s sports blockbusters – AFL Live and Rugby Challenge.
Founded in 1997, Sidhe is an award-winning developer of console, handheld and PC games. The largest game production studio in New Zealand, Sidhe has a proven track record of creating high-quality, mass-market, licensed and original titles for a worldwide audience. The studio has produced more than 20 high-profile titles including the award winning original titles GripShift® and Shatter®, Speed Racer The Videogame, as well as multiple games based on the NRL Rugby League franchise. Sidhe also creates and publishes Smartphone and tablet content under their PikPok label. For more information on Sidhe, please visit: www.sidhe.co.nz
# # #
For further information, assets or to request a review copy, please contact:
Home Entertainment Suppliers
+452 319 916