BERLIN - May 27, 2010 - Since the main release of the third chapter of Runes of Magic -The Elder Kingdoms last week, a range of new features have been available to players, including the new 'Set-Skill System'. This system allows players on level 50 and above to add new and diverse skills to their characters by collecting armor sets.
The coveted pieces of armor can either be won in Taborea's dungeons, or purchased from a special trader in the city of Dalanis. The single pieces do still offer classic attributes and automatically add to characters' stats. But once a player has collected all of the pieces of an armor set, special set-skills can now be activated through the new set-skills section on the function menu and then moved to the action bar. Currently players can simultaneously activate a maximum of two set-skills, but three additional slots will be added in the near future.
The main expansion of Runes of Magi c , 'The Elder Kingdoms', went online on May 18th and expanded the virtual world with a new continent, additional regions and dungeons amongst other features. The updated game client can be downloaded through the official website at: www.runesofmagic.com.
Chapter III - What's New?
- <*>Level cap raised to 58*> <*>Two new zones with new dungeons and world bosses*> <*>Siege wars enabling battles between entire guilds*> <*>Expanded monster compendium*> <*>New party search tool*> <*>New crafting system to create fusion stones with individual stats*> <*>Newly-expanded skill system linked to armor sets*> <*>Dual difficulty levels in the most challenging dungeons*> <*>New token system allowing the trading of exclusive armor sets*> <*>Guild buffs now available in guild castles*> <*>New guild mini-games*>
- <*>Additional level cap raise to level 60*> <*>Two-player mounts*> <*>Role-play elements including a marriage system*> <*>New dungeons*> <*>New regions*>
Runes of Magic has redefined the standard for free-to-play MMORPGs in terms of gameplay, fun and quality. The online role-playing game has an exciting, multi-layered story, driven by more than 2,400 quests set in the fantasy world of Taborea. To date, Runes of Magic has attracted more than three million registered users, making it one of the most successful free-to-play titles on the market, and a must play game for all fans of RPGs and MMO games.
Runes of Magic features a unique dual class system enabling players to combine one of eight primary classes with a secondary class. The result is a deep player experience that expands upon the gameâ€™s broad customization offering. There are two different playable races, Elves and Humans, from which players can choose. Each dual class combination produces its own powerful elite skills. Another popular feature is the opportunity to furnish your own virtual home, and guilds can construct guild castles, which can be expanded with additional buildings. Thanks to comprehensive crafting and reputation systems, gripping PvP features, deep customization and demanding dungeons, Runes of Magic has something for everyone. Taiwanese developer Runewaker regularly expands the game world with new free content and challenges.
Runes of Magic Features
- Dual class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
- Individual furnishing of player housing and guild castles
- In-depth story experienced through over 2,400 quests laced with epic quest-lines
- Gripping Player-versus-Player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
- Easy travel using portal stones and a wide range of mountable animals
- Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 simultaneous players
- Entertaining mini-games offering variety to the heroâ€™s routine
- Dynamic crafting and customization of items
- Regular comprehensive free updates with new game content
- Free-to-Play: No monthly subscriptions, free to download the game
Title: Runes of Magic
Genre: Fantasy MMORPG Platform: Windows PC
Publisher: Frogster Online Gaming GmbH Developer: Runewaker
Release: 19.03.2009 'Chapter I - Rise of the Demon Lord'
15.09.2009 'Chapter II - The Elven Prophecy'
18.05.2010 'Chapter III - The Elder Kingdoms'
USK: from 12 years PEGI: 12+
About Runewaker Entertainment Ltd.
Runewaker Entertainment was founded in August of 2004, with headquarters located in Taichung, Taiwan. The founding members were all very experienced in the field and decided to come together to pursue their dream. Currently Runewaker employs over 100 highly skilled programmers, designers and artists and is constantly expanding. Runewaker specializes in making massively multiplayer online role playing games (MMORPG). The company has built their own engine from scratch which rivals some of the best available on the market. Runewaker is constantly producing more content for Runes of Magic. Internet: www.runewaker.com
Frogster - We take you to a new world!
The Berlin based Frogster Interactive Pictures AG, listed on the stock exchange, has focused on the growth sector of massively multiplayer online games (MMOGs) at an early stage already. The company licenses, markets and operates its virtual worlds for millions of players in Europe, Asia and North America. In Europe its subsidiary Frogster Online Gaming GmbH is taking care of the operating business of the Frogster group. The Korean joint venture Frogster Asia Co. Ltd. based in Seoul develops new MMO games with an internal team and markets virtual worlds in Asia. Frogster America Inc. based in San Francisco, USA, markets and operates MMO games in North America. At their offices in Berlin, Seoul and San Francisco, the Frogster group employs more than 200 staff members in the fields of game development, licensing, IT, web design and web development, product management, marketing, PR, web publishing, community management, customer support, hosting, sales, billing and finance/administration. In the year 2008, Frogster won the 'Landmark in the Land of Ideas', a competition under the patronage of the German President Dr. Horst Köhler. Additional information is available at: www.frogster.de
# # #
UK and Scandinavia
Freeform Communications Ltd.
+44 208 6708425
Rest of Europe
Frogster Online Gaming GmbH
+49 30-28 47 01-42