We are currently working with Frogster Interactive following the commercial launch of their highly anticipated MMORPG Runes of Magic. The game has redefined the standard for free-to-play titles, not only for the quality of game but for the fact that over 700,000 players are active in the world of Taborea. Already a winner of multiple awards for its content and overall gameplay, Runes of Magic is expected to be a major international hit in 2009 and beyond.
As the client for Runes of Magic is currently over 5.0GB, we have recently created a press only review DVD that we can send directly out to you today. The boxed version will also include an item pack to make your first steps into the fantasy world of Taborea smoother.
With the launch of the commercial version, Frogster has also expanded Runes of Magic with some additional features. There include new tasks, a further epic quest series and new instances– among which is the already introduced‘Kalin Shrine’, as well as new elite skills. A last fine-tuning of the German and English translations and essential bug fixes has also been implemented. Furthermore, publisher Frogster and developer Runewalker plan to expand the game world with free add-ons every four months.
To order the review client DVD, please contact your territory PR contact below:
EUROPE (EXCEPT GERMANY)
Mobile: 0044(0)7590 509278
Office: 0044(0)208 6708425
Office: 01795 435042
Frogster Interactive Pictures AG
T +49 (0) 30 - 28 47 01 -39
F +49 (0) 30 - 28 47 01 -11
International Digital Entertainment Agency
Runes of Magic– a world full of wizardry and adventure
Runes of Magic was commercially released on 19th March. During a successful open beta the population soar to over 700,000 players. All interested players can continue to download the fantasy online role playing game for free at www.runesofmagic.com and following a short registration process, can plunge into the game world.
With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free to play massively online role playing games. Runes of Magic conveys an absorbing story through more than 1.000 quests embedded in an atmospheric fantasy world. Players can choose between six main classes and combined with a secondary class they present 30 individual combinations of character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts like war horses and more. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PvP, as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every four to five months with free add-ons and updates. MMO fans can find more information, pictures and videos on the official website www.runesofmagic.com.
• Free to play: no monthly fees, free download
• Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
• Versatile spell- and attack-combinations
• Enthralling background story
• More than 1.000 quests and quest series on launch
• No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
• Dungeons: Instanced and tile based as well as persistent
• Individually developable skills and spells
• Armour sets with special bonuses
• Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
• Optional PvP system with arena battles and guild wars
• Ranking system with player-ranking lists
• Multitude of unique mounts
• Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items
• Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
• Reputation system
• Customisable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
• Map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
• In-game auction houses for trading items
• Teleport-Runes for instant travel
• Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
• Regular updates with new content
• Guild castles in special zones
• Cross-server fights in three-server-battle in development