Berlin, Oct. 17th 2008: On November 2nd Frogster is going to expand the current closed beta for Runes of Magic to 30.000 test players. After two large scale stress tests of the game servers on October 30th and November 1st, the free-to-play fantasy online-roleplaying game hence starts into the closed beta phase 3. The publisher will determine the participants for this new beta phase by random within the round about 100.000 registrations for Runes of Magic to date. Lucky players can also win their invitation for the beta in give away contests that will go online on the big gaming portals soon.
The open beta version of Runes of Magic will be launched in December of 2008 after current planning with the subtitle„Rise of the Demon Lord" as a first chapter. To illustrate that, the Berlin based Frogster have published the final logo with two new wallpapers: http://www.runesofmagic.com/de/content,1,wallpapers.html. The publisher intends to publish free add-ons of the game as new chapters within regular intervals of two to three months after the release. MMO fans can still register on the official website ( www.runesofmagic.com) for the closed beta to get the chance having a look at the world of Runes of Magic far before its actual release.
Runes of Magic– a world full of wizardry and adventure
With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free-to-play MMO games. Right from the launch Runes of Magic will convey its absorbing story through more than 1.000 quests embedded in an atmospheric world. Players can choose between six main classes. Combined with a secondary class they dispose of 36 individual character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PVP as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every three to four monthswith free add-ons and updates. MMO fans can find more information, pictures and videos on the official website www.runesofmagic.com.
Runes of Magic features
• Free2play, no monthly fees, free download
• Dual class system with switchable primary and secondary classes
• Enthralling background story
• Already over 600 quests and level comprehensive quest series on launch
• Instanced and persistent dungeons
• Individually developed skills and spells
• Armor sets with special bonuses
• Dynamic item system: Upgrades with hundreds of runes
• PvP system, to be activated with a PvP flag (Player vs. Player duels, arena combat, ranking system)
• Epic crafting system with the possibility to improve existing items
• Individual coloring of clothes and armor
• Housing: personalization with individual furniture for players and guilds
• Special zones for guild houses
• Reputation system
• Scalable user interface based on the users preference (development of your own add-ons possible)
• In-game map and radar system to easily find dealers, resources and quests
• Auction house: auction and purchase items
• Teleporting possibilities via runes, different and unique mounts
• Controlling with mouse (Point&Click) and keyboard (WASD or arrow keys) possible
About Runewaker Entertainment Ltd.
Runewaker Entertainment was founded in August of 2004, with the headquarters located in Taichung, Taiwan. The founding members are all very experienced in the field and decided to come together to pursue their own dream. Currently Runewaker employs over 40 highly skilled programmers, designers and artists and is constantly expanding. Runewaker specializes in making massively multiplayer online role playing games (MMORPG). The company has built their own engine from scratch that rivals some of the best that is available out on the market. Their first product, Radiant Arcana (Runes of Magic), is already completed and currently in Open Beta Phase in China. Runewaker is currently producing more content for Runes of Magic. Webpage: http://www.runewaker.com
About Frogster Interactive Pictures AG
As a holding with different shares in the computer games industry, Frogster Interactive Pictures AG based in Berlin is focusing on the growth sector of Massively Multiplayer Online Games. The company licenses, operates und markets different online games in the German speaking market and internationally. Its Korean joint venture Frogster Studios Co. Ltd. based in Seoul develops MMO games and markets their own as well as licensed virtual worlds in Asia. At their headquarter in Berlin and in Rheine and Korea, the Frogster group employs more than 80 staff members in the fields of development, marketing, community management, customer support, IT, web design, web development, sales and administration. Internet: www.frogster-interactive.de
Frogster Interactive Pictures AG
T +49 (0) 30 - 28 47 01 -44
F +49 (0) 30 - 28 47 01 -11
M +49 (0) 171– 34 78 460