SAN FRANCISCO, January 7, 2009– Frogster today announced that the votes are in on Massively’s ( www.massively.com) Reader’s Choice and Editor’s Choice Awards and Runes of Magic was the runaway winner scoring either a Reader’s Choice or Staff Choice Award in all of the positive categories. The massive community of Runes of Magic players overwhelmed the polls, creating huge margins between Runes of Magic and all other MMO games launched in 2009.
“Our players really came out and supported us and we want to thank them for making Runes of Magic the top MMO game of 2009 and helping it sweep the reader’s choice awards,” said Lars Koschin, CEO of Frogster America, Inc.“With more than 2.5 Million registered accounts, the Runes of Magic Community is a force to be reckoned with and they are very passionate about the game.”
The nine awards won by Runes of Magic include:
• Reader’s Choice Best Crafting in a 2009 MMO
• Reader’s Choice Best PvP in a 2009 MMO
• Reader’s Choice Best Capacity for Roleplay in a 2009 MMO
• Reader’s Choice Best Free-to-Play MMO of 2009
• Reader’s Choice Best Visuals/Graphics
• Reader’s Choice Best MMO Studio of 2009 (Frogster)
• Reader’s Choice Best Launch of 2009
• Staff Choice Best Launch of 2009
• Reader’s Choice Overall Best New MMO of 2009
About Runes of Magic
Runes of Magic has redefined the standard for free-to-play MMORPGs in terms of gameplay, fun and quality. The online role play game carries an exciting, multi-layered story, driven by more than 2,300 quests set in the atmospheric fantasy world of Taborea. To date, Runes of Magic has attracted more than 2.5 million registered users, making it one of the most successful titles in the free-to-play segment, and a must play game for all fans of RPGs and MMO Games. Taiwanese developer Runewaker regularly expands the game world with new free content and challenges.
Runes of Magic Features
- Dual class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
- Individual furnishing of player housing and guild castles
- In-depth story experienced through above 2,300 quests laced with epic quest-lines
- Gripping Player-versus-Player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
- Easy travel using portal stones and a wide range of rideable animals
- Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 simultaneous players
- Entertaining mini-games offering variety to the hero’s routine
- Dynamic crafting and customization of items
- Regular comprehensive free updates with new game content
- Free-to-Play: No monthly subscriptions, free to download the game
About Runewaker Entertainment Ltd.
Runewaker Entertainment was founded in August of 2004, with the headquarters located in Taichung, Taiwan. The founding members are all very experienced in the field and decided to come together to pursue their own dream. Currently Runewaker employs over 40 highly skilled programmers, designers and artists and is constantly expanding. Runewaker specializes in making massively multiplayer online role playing games (MMORPG). The company has built their own engine from scratch that rivals some of the best that is available out on the market. Their first product, Radiant Arcana (Runes of Magic), is already completed and currently in Open Beta Phase in China. Runewaker is currently producing more content for Runes of Magic. Webpage: http://www.runewaker.com
The Berlin based Frogster Interactive Pictures AG, listed on the stock exchange, has focused on the growth sector of massively multiplayer online games (MMOGs) at an early stage already. The company licenses, markets and operates its virtual worlds for millions of players in Europe, Asia and North America. In Europe its subsidiary Frogster Online Gaming GmbH is taking care of the operating business of the Frogster group. The Korean joint venture Frogster Asia Co. Ltd. based in Seoul develops new MMO games with an internal team and markets virtual worlds in Asia. Frogster America Inc. based in San Francisco, USA, markets and operates MMO games in North America. At their offices in Berlin, Seoul and San Francisco, the Frogster group employs more than 130 staff members in the fields of game development, licensing, IT, web design and web development, product management, marketing, PR, web publishing, community management, customer support, hosting, sales, billing and finance/administration. In the year 2008, Frogster won the“Landmark in the Land of Ideas”, a competition under the patronage of the German President Dr. Horst Köhler. Additional information is available at: www.frogster.de
# # #
Frogster America Inc.
Frogster Interactive Pictures AG
+49 (0) 30 - 28 47 01 -42