FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
All related assets available here: http://s2games.com/fcp1/fcpassets.html
(Rohnert Park, CA)– March 25, 2008– Independent game developer S2 Games today announced a massive and completely FREE content update for Savage 2: A Tortured Soul. Delivering on the promise to continually update and support Savage 2, this marks the first of many free, sizable content updates that other publishers might ordinarily charge for.
The completely free content update will bring many new features to Savage 2, including:
· Level Armor Progression– As players gain experience throughout a match, their character’s armor will reflect their higher attributes thus acknowledging their skill and intimidating enemy players.
· Full Clan Implementation– Full clan support, including match setting, team stats, server reservation and more.
· Commander VoIP– Commanders can now issue verbal commands to their troops with the help of a headset. This prevents miscommunication and saves time by eliminating the need to type commands.
· New Hellbourne Unit“Devourer”– A brand new monstrous demon that grows in size and strength as it devours corpses.
· Achievements– Skilled accomplishments that players can earn as badges of achievement. A few examples include:“Wilt Chamberlin Award”– Earning lots of experience;“Vlad the Impaler Award”– Racking up kills; and,“Dolla Dolla Bill Y’all Award”– Awarded for gold earned.
· New Community Created Maps:“Dusk” and“Lost Valley”– Both maps were created by community members who submitted their maps for forum contests.
· Unofficial Server List– Although stats will not be recorded officially, this opens the floodgates for custom map makers, modders, and offline clan practice.
· Revised Tutorial and In-Game Voice Tips– To assist new players, a completely revamped and intuitive tutorial system extends beyond the offline and into game matches where players can access voice tips for quick help.
The update will also add an additional sheen of polish based on fan feedback, such as refined EFX and sound, some balance tweaks and minor bug fixes.
“As an indie developer and publisher our allegiance is to our fans,” said Marc DeForest, co-founder and lead designer of S2 Games.“We plan to make Savage 2 a living game with ongoing support and updates. Our ears will always be open and receptive to feedback and input from our loyal players.”
Community is a major part of Savage 2 exemplified by the fact that both new maps were generated through community contests.
“It’s awesome to know that S2 Games is willing to include community-created content in their game,” said community member“willow” and winner of the recent map contest.“It makes one feel that the work and time invested was well worth it, and acknowledged by S2 Games. And really, it makes the game not feel like‘their’ game, but rather‘our’ game, the community’s game.”
About Savage 2: A Tortured Soul
Savage 2: A Tortured Soul is the sequel to the critically acclaimed online multiplayer game Savage: A Battle for Newerth, which introduced gamers to the completely new Real Time Strategy Shooter (RTSS) gaming genre. Savage enabled players to opt for either the fast-paced, run-and-gun action of a first-person shooter (FPS) game– playing as a Warrior– or the more cerebral and tactical planning of a real-time strategy (RTS) game– playing as a Commander– working together as a team to defeat the enemy. Savage 2: A Tortured Soul builds upon the addicting, fast-paced gameplay of the original with additional squad-based features and enhanced role-playing game (RPG) elements which enable players to build their character level and abilities throughout the game.
About S2 Games
The core S2 Games team is an experienced group of developers from diverse backgrounds, including film, fine art, computer science and business. Through this mix of skill and experience, a synergy is born creating a fresh perspective in game design. The mission of the S2 Games team is to create the next level of multiplayer gaming. With the creation of the K2™ Engine, they have the freedom to take online multiplayer games to heights not reached before. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.s2games.com.
For more information, please contact:
Sean Carr or Alex Josef
Pacific Media Partners Pacific Media Partners