NEW YORK– March 23, 2010– Take the reins and prepare for all-new equestrian warfare with the opening of the pre-order for Mount&Blade: Warband, the upcoming sequel to the beloved Mount&Blade from Paradox Interactive. Gamers who pre-order Mount&Blade: Warband will gain immediate access to the single and multiplayer beta.
Mount&Blade: Warband is available for pre-order via participating retailers: http://www.mountandbladewarband.com/buy
Developed by TaleWorlds, Mount&Blade: Warband adds multiplayer battles for the very first time, as well as a new campaign and complete graphical overhaul. Both on foot or mounted upon wild stallions, the bloodthirsty fight for the throne of Calradia rocks medieval battlegrounds once again on March 30th in North America and via digital retailers. Other regions will follow shortly thereafter.
View footage that highlights new singleplayer aspects in a newly released trailer for Mount&Blade Warband: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVCkz2e9Bz4
Mount&Blade: Warband Game Features:
• Multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Multiplayer modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege.
• Graphical overhaul: State-of-the-art rendering technologies combine with a more informative interface, allowing new and advanced players alike to enjoy an unprecedented level of immersion.
• Seek adventure alone, or recruit and train an army fit for a king. You and your companions will gain experience and skills while your soldiers evolve into a deadly fighting force.
• New campaign allows you to become the ruler of a faction and convince lords to become your vassals.
• New ability to marry a lady of the realm for romance or cold political gain. Try to win a lady’s heart through poetry or bravery.
Join the Mount&Blade: Warband community on facebook.
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy catalog, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes originally developed titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and the Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as publishing titles such as the Elven Legacy series, Mount&Blade and Majesty 2. Paradox stands poised to make an explosive entry onto consoles during 2010 with the release of Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West. For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com and follow @pdxinteractive on twitter.
Taleworlds Entertainment is an independent game development studio based in Ankara, Turkey. The studios first game was Mount&Blade, a PC game that blended action/RPG/strategy elemets to create a unique style of gameplay. Set in a realistic medieval world, Mount&Blade received acclaim from critics and players alike for its immersive sword-fighting system, mounted combat and innovative game mechanics. The studio is currently working on Mount&Blade: Warband which will bring many long-awaited features including multiplayer support into the series. visit www.taleworlds.com