Skövde, Sweden, July 7 2011 - Coffee Stain Studios is launching the next big patch for Sanctum which brings 4-player multi-player among other things to the table.“We’re really excited about adding support for up to 4 players and to see what impact it will have on the game longevity” says Anton Westbergh, CEO of Coffee Stain Studios. "We have put a lot of hard work into this patch, but our fans convinced us that is was the right thing to do" Anton continues.
The new stronger multi-player support has been worked on since the release of the game, and a lot of technical issues have been resolved to make this happen. Among the biggest problems has been to retain a decent performance even on slower connections, due to the very high amount of actors in the game.“We think we have done a pretty good job, with both optimizing the net and the game itself”
Marcus Rännare, lead programmer fills in.
A complete list of changes can be found on the Steam forums, but below is a short version holding the most important fixes and additions!
Major new features
• 4-player support!
• You can now play all multi-player games and all maps with up to 3 friends!
• Wave Limited single&multi-player modes
• Challenge based, where you pick the amount of waves you want to try to beat and the desired difficulty.
• Endless Single-Player
• You can finally play the endless mode even in single-player
• Turbo Mode
• Play with huge amounts of cash! Enemies will scale accordingly so expect some fast and ferocious action!
• Updated Server Browser
• More filter options
• Possibility to see full games (no more empty server list)
• Bug fixes and performance increase
For the latest information about Sanctum, visit the game page located at http://www.sanctumgame.com
Follow Coffee Stain Studios on..
About Coffee Stain Studios
Coffee Stain Studios was formed in 2010 by a group of devoted and ambitious students from the University of Skövde in Sweden. The goal was to form a company which would allow the founders to work with what they love, to create unique awesome games. During the first months of the company existence an iOS title called I Love Strawberries was developed and published by Atari, Inc. Since then, Sanctum has been released with big success. Now the studio focus on expanding and conquering more ground on the market.