Sugar Land, TX (May 4, 2011)– It's already one of the most talked-about launches on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and now Section 8: Prejudice is available for download on the PC. Section 8: Prejudice packs a ridiculous amount of gameplay into a $15 package, and the game, hailed by many critics as the best multiplayer shooter on Xbox LIVE Arcade, is available today from leading online retailers, including Steam, Games for Windows Marketplace, Direct2Drive, and Impulse.
Reviews have been overwhelmingly positive, including:
The PC version of Section 8: Prejudice includes special features implemented for the GamePanel LCD found on the Logitech® Gaming Keyboard G15 and the Logitech® G19 Keyboard for Gaming:
- Score screen that shows how you compare to the top 3 players (on the Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard only)
- Loadout screen that shows your current weapons and remaining ammo
- Toast Screen that shows your last few in-game toasts (achievements, badges, records, etc.)
Section 8: Prejudice also supports NVIDIA's 3D Vision ( http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-main.html), a technology that brings games to life in an immersive 3D experience on the PC.
Since there's not much point in having a 32-player online arena shooter without being able to earn bragging rights, Section 8: Prejudice boasts one of the most thorough stats portals in gaming. Player stats are linked to their TimeGate account and let players:
- View career and in-a-life records on player profile pages
- Setup and manage clans
- Compete in TimeGate sponsored“Events” and“Seasons”
- View leaderboards for a wide range of stats and weapon loadouts
- Examine player trend graphs to see which maps, equipment, and purchases are most popular (to name a few)
Then, of course, there’s the game itself. Section 8: Prejudice features:
· Mobilize by Drop Spawning from 15,000 feet, use Jet Packs to evade enemies, and ram opponents in Overdrive
· Campaign mode: 5-hour story-driven single-player campaign
· Conquest mode: Large-scale multiplayer for up 32 players
· Swarm mode: Four player co-op mode where shooter gameplay meets tower defense
· Offline bot support for all game modes
· Highly customizable weapon and equipment loadouts; deep level progression and unlockable content systems
· Dynamic Combat Missions: ensure no two multiplayer games ever play the same
The minimum specs for Section 8: Prejudice are:
Processor: Intel 3.0GHz (single), 2.0GHz (dual), or AMD AthlonXP3200+
OS: Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (latest service packs)
Video: NIVIDIA GeForce 7800 or ATI Radeon X1900 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better recommended)
RAM: 2 GB
HD: 5.5 GB of available space
Section 8: Prejudice is available on Xbox LIVE Arcade, PC, and is coming to the PlayStation®Network this summer for $14.99/€12.99 /£9.99.
About TimeGate Studios
TimeGate Studios Inc. ( www.timegate.com ) is a world-class independent entertainment company specializing in redefining video game genres. The company is dedicated to bringing next-generation, cutting-edge gaming experiences to multiple platforms.
Located in Sugar Land, TX, the company has scored major successes on all major platforms since its founding in 1998. TimeGate distributes its original IP games at retail, through digital download services and via TimeGate’s online storefront.
© 2011 TimeGate Studios, Inc. “Section 8”,“Prejudice”, and“TimeGate” are copyrights and trademarks of TimeGate Studios, Inc. in the United States and elsewhere. All rights reserved.
© 2011 NVIDIA, the NVIDIA logo, GeForce, and The way its meant to be played are trademarks and/or registered trademarks for NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.
© 2011 Logitech, the Logitech logo, and other Logitech marks are owned by Logitech and may be registered.
Windows and the Windows Vista Start button are trademarks of the Microsoft Group of Companies, and“Games for Windows” and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft.
Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox LIVE are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
”PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Logitech, the Logitech logo, and other Logitech marks are registered in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information about Logitech and its products, visit the company’s Web site at www.logitech.com.
Director, Evolve PR