26th May 2011, London UK: Origin8's award winning iOS sci fi tower defence "Sentinel 3: Homeworld" today received its first major downloadable content update, a massive 15 map campaign including new weapons, enemies and a new Commander mech unit. To celebrate, the base game is now on sale at $0.99 or regional equivalent for a limited period (normal price $2.99).
The expansion pack is available as a $1.99 in-app purchase, and contains the following features:
- A 15 level campaign across 15 brand new maps, each also available in Endless mode. The first two campaign levels are available as a free teaser for all Sentinel 3 owners.
- A new Commander mech, the Aurora armour, with heavy hitting ranged weaponry, new abilities, and an Energy Syphon capable of converting kills into ship energy. The Aurora armour levels independently from the original armour, and can be selected for Endless mode.
- Powerful new weaponry: the Disease and Artillery towers, and the Vortex and Turret Energizer ship weapons. Once unlocked, new weapons can be used throughout the game.
- New enemies and enemy behaviour. Alien eggs spawn swarms to wreak havoc with barriers, while flying and amphibious enemies take paths unavailable to their ground bound comrades. Finally, the massive airborne Alien Behemoth provides the ultimate Sentinel challenge!
- Six new Classic challenges using Campaign Two maps, equipment and enemies. Take on the high score tables with a fixed set of weaponry in a contest of pure skill. One new Classic challenge is available as a free teaser.
- Impatient for power? Max out your Armory, Commander or unlock all levels instantly with new Shortcut in-app purchases ($0.99).
Sentinel 3: Homeworld is a Universal app, playable on all iDevices running iOS 3.0 or above. It was voted Best iPad Strategy and took second place in Best iPhone Strategy at the 2010 Best App Ever awards, and featured in "Best of 2010" lists from Pocket Gamer, Know Your Mobile and the iPhone Quality Index. For screenshots, gameplay footage and a round up of reviews, visit http://origin8.com/sentinel3.
About us: Origin8 is an innovative mobile developer based in London, UK. With an experienced team whose credits cover a vast number of gaming platforms, they specialise in games and entertainment for the Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Origin8’s acclaimed products include "Sentinel: Mars Defense", one of Apple’s App Store Anniversary top 30 games.
Press and media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org