25th November 2010, London, UK: Origin8 are pleased to announce that their latest iOS sci fi strategy game, "Sentinel 3: Homeworld", has been approved by Apple and will be released on the iTunes App Store on Friday 26th November. In the third installment of the award winning Sentinel tower defense series, the conflict moves to the alien homeworld where new weaponry, abilities, and the heroic Commander unit will prove crucial to the outcome of the epic interstellar war.
"This is our biggest game to date," said Lead Programmer and Designer Paul Jackman, "And an ambitious step forward for the Sentinel series. Our new mechanics give players even more strategic and tactical choices, plus the ability to customise their resources to support their play style."
"Sentinel fans are constantly asking for more," he continued, "So we've streamlined the content creation system to enable us to deliver. If you compare the number of maps and missions in Sentinel 3 at launch to the first two games, you can see that it's already paid off in a big way."
New in Sentinel 3: Homeworld:
- A completely new campaign featuring 20 levels across 14 distinctive and demanding maps.
- A powerful new Commander unit which can level up and gain customizable stats and abilities as you play.
- Over 20 unlockable turrets, orbital ship weapons, automated drones and abilities at your disposal.
- Customize your weapon loadout in the Armory to match the demands of the mission.
- Stunning graphics and effects, with full high-resolution Retina display support.
- Endless modes for all maps with online highscores.
- Classic mode allows you to compete for scores in a pure skill-based game mode.
- Support for social gaming networks for achievements, global scores, friends and more using OpenFeint and GameCenter.
- View strategic layouts from the leaderboards - see how the best players think (OpenFeint required).
- New exclusive music by the creators of the Sentinel 2 music - Specimen A.
- Completely reworked and revamped game engine for optimal performance on all iOS devices
Classic Sentinel series features:
- Specialized structures and units provide unique tactical gameplay.
- Use the landscape and destructible defenses to maximize the effectiveness of your weapons.
- Unleash the Sentinel's incredible ship weapons system - if you've got the power to do so...
- Deploy mobile attack drones to harass the enemy and augment static defenses.
- Construct boosters to buff your offense, and upgrade to top-tier towers for devastating special moves
- Resource harvesting and interest system adds a new dimension of risk and reward.
- Visually stunning environments, towers and enemies with fluid zooming and scrolling.
Sentinel 3: Homeworld is available from http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sentinel-3-homeworld/id396103539?mt=8 for $3.99 or regional equivalent, and supports all iDevices running iOS 3.0 or higher (OS 4.1 required for GameCenter). For further information, screenshots and a video trailer, see http://origin8.com/sentinel3.
About us: Origin8 is an innovative mobile developer based in London, UK. With an experienced team whose credits cover a vast number of gaming platforms, they specialise in games and entertainment for the Apple iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Origin8’s acclaimed products include "Sentinel: Mars Defense", one of Apple’s App Store Anniversary top 30 games.
Press and media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org