Rotterdam, the Netherlands– October 14th, 2008– Game developer VSTEP, announces its Ship Simulator 2008 Collector’s Edition is now available for purchase on www.shipsim.com,
This Ship Simulator 2008 Collector’s Edition includes the latest updated version of Ship Simulator 2008 and the official add-on New Horizons, as well as unique, never-before-seen bonus material such as a 70+ page Captain’s Journal of references and a‘Making of’ video, giving players a sneak peek behind the scenes during the creation of the Ship Simulator series. Simulation fans are in for a treat with this complete collector’s box providing many, many hours of sim gameplay. Its unique bonus material and‘Making of’ movie gives players a first-look inside our VSTEP offices to see how we develop the Ship Sim games and get a taste of things to come!
Ship Simulator 2008 Collector’s Edition is the ultimate sailing simulator box set for PC. Become the captain of one of the most impressive ships in the World and take on the fierce ocean, or sail to an array of well-known ports across the globe. Ship Simulator 2008 Collector’s Edition includes both, the much appreciated Ship Simulator 2008 game and the official Ship Simulator 2008 Add-On: New Horizons, which features exciting Online and LAN multiplayer missions. The Collector’s Edition is packed with unique, never-before-seen bonus material such as a 70+ page Captain’s Journal of references and the‘Making of’ video, which gives players the opportunity to sneak a peek behind the scenes at the creation of the Ship Simulator game series. This comprehensive box set is a complete package not to be missed by any simulation fan!
• Captain 24 vessels, from powerboat to tugboat, port carter, oil tanker, superfast personal watercraft… or even the Titanic!
• Walk around on board any ship and examine everything in minute detail
• Sail through some of the Worlds’ most famous and detailed ports and locations, including Rotterdam, San Francisco and Marseille, or take on the wild storms of the open sea
• Sail together with your friends and other Ship Simulator fans in Online Multiplayer mode (Internet connection required)
• From beginner level, to advanced - includes fast pick-up&play missions for the sailing fan, to extremely realistic simulation missions for real captains!
• Make use of advanced instruments aboard and experience the impressively realistic sailing characteristics of every ship
• Experience breathtaking adventures and missions in Mission mode, or sail the globe freely experimenting with the ever-changing weather conditions in Free Roaming mode.
For more information about Ship Simulator 2008 visit www.shipsim.com
OS: Windows® 2000 / XP / Vista™
CPU: 2,4 GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or equivalent AMD® Athlon™ processor
RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended for Windows® Vista™)
Video: DirectX® 9.0c compliant video card with 128 MB RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce™ 5900 or ATI® 9600 Pro / X600 video card or better recommended)
PC DVD-ROM and CD-ROM: 4x
Available Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
Sound: DirectX® 9.0 compatible sound card
Multiplayer: LAN or 56 Kbps Internet connection or faster
Other: Keyboard, Speakers and Mouse with scroll wheel
Optional Controllers: Joystick, Joypad or Steering wheel
VSTEP develops professional simulators for fire-fighters and nautical training. Since its inception in 2002, VSTEP has completed 32 training simulators for customers like the Royal Dutch Navy, the Port of Rotterdam, Falck/Nutec, and the Dutch Railways. VSTEP's experience and core technology from these projects has been adapted to deliver a "true to their roots" simulator for the home PC user. In 2006, VSTEP amazed the simulation community with its revolutionary‘Ship Simulator’ game. www.shipsim.com ; www.vstep.nl
If you’d like more information on this news release or about VSTEP and Ship Simulator, please contact Frank Dolmans, VSTEP CMO, via email at email@example.com or by phone: +31-(0)-10-2014520