MUNICH, Germany - July 21, 2008
Burda:ic, a publisher of online games worldwide, today announced the open beta launch of Florensia, a free-to-play MMORPG from Japanese developer NETTS. Following a highly successful closed beta period, players the world over are now invited to traverse vast lands and sail the open seas in search of dark dungeons and undiscovered treasure. With four starting classes and a huge variety of weapons and spells from which to choose, Florensia is a rousing adventure that blends vibrant, 3D graphics with classically accessible MMORPG gameplay.
“Our top priority is providing subscription MMO quality in a free-to-play format,” said Achim Kaspers, managing director of Burda:ic.“We received a lot of good feedback from our closed beta, so we’re throwing open the doors as we prepare new features like second classes, expanded PvP gameplay, and additional creature updates.”
The world of Florensia includes:
• Vibrant, pastel-shaded 3D graphics
• Four entirely unique character classes: the Explorer, the Noble, the Mercenary, and the Elementalist
• An large variety of frightening monsters to battle
• Upgradeable equipment sets which are more powerful when worn together
• Uncharted islands, dungeons, and treasures waiting to be discovered by daring captains
• In-depth tutorial quests to help welcome new players
• Well-balanced solo and party-based gameplay
• Immersive PvP with everything from one-on-one fights to massive fleet battles
• Five basic ship classes, each one completely customizable
Florensia is a vibrant, maritime world that brings players from around the globe together to explore the islands of Cardiff, Exeter, and Magnal. Choosing one of four starting classes, from the sword-wielding Mercenary to the spell casting Noble, players will do battle with a huge variety of weapons and magical abilities as they explore expansive, underground dungeons and sail uncharted seas. Free-to-play and featuring a wide range of quests on dry land and across the ocean, Florensia is a distinctive blend of vibrant, colorful graphics and classically accessible MMORPG gameplay.
More information about Florensia can be found at http://www.florensia-online.com .
Burda:ic GmbH is an online games publisher that markets and distributes massively multiplayer online games (MMOG) such as Ragnarok Online, Florensia, and Hello Kitty Online. Furthermore, Burda:ic has established interactive gamer communities like alaplaya.eu or sanriotown.com. More information about Burda:ic is available at www.burda-ic.com .
Rannie Yoo, TriplePoint