SAN DIEGO - Aug. 18, 2011 - Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced the launch dates for PAYDAY: The Heist™, Rochard and Sideway: New York, which are all scheduled to launch in September and October for digital download via PlayStation®Network.
"We are seeing increased growth and popularity in the digital distribution of premium console games and therefore are delivering new AAA-quality titles like Rochard, PAYDAY: The Heist and Sideway: New York that address this trend head on," said Chris Sturr, executive director of business development and corporate strategy at Sony Online Entertainment. "As one of the largest third-party publishers on PlayStation®Network with 9.7 million downloads to date, we continue to raise the bar for players with the introduction of three new original games that further complement our existing portfolio including Plants vs. Zombies™, DC Universe™ Online, Slam Bolt Scrappers, Free Realms ® , Akimi Village and Acceleration of Suguri X Edition."
SOE's upcoming line-up of digital distribution titles includes:
- Rochard - An action-adventure, side-scrolling puzzle platformer, Rochard follows the story of the astro-miner John Rochard as he uses his wits and everyday mining tools to fend off space pirates, save his team of missing miners and solve the mystery behind the discovery of an ancient alien artifact. Rochard tests players' coordination as they manipulate gravity to their advantage, changing it at will to solve environmental puzzles and advance through each level. Rochard will be available for download from the PlayStation®Network on September 27 for $9.99 USD.
- PAYDAY: The Heist - In this action-packed, squad-based first person shooter, players will join a four-person crew of hardened career criminals to execute six high-stakes heists, including bank robberies, prisoner extractions and armored car hijackings. PAYDAY: The Heist will be available for download on the PC and PlayStation®Network on October 4 for $19.99 USD. The game can also be pre-ordered from September 20 until September 28 on the PlayStation®Network. Additionally, DLC expansions will be released later this year.
- Sideway: New York - As Nox, a graffiti artist sucked into a twisted graffiti world, players navigate through a 2D adventure platformer set in a 3D world. Using window ledges, drain pipes and graffiti tags, players will guide Nox around corners and onto roofs through the gritty streets and diverse neighborhoods of New York City on Nox's quest to defeat his nemesis Spray, rescue his friends and ultimately escape back to the real world. Sideway: New York will launch on the PlayStation®Network October 11 for $9.99 USD.
- PAYDAY: The Heist will have its Diamond Heist scenario playable in the SCEE booth during Gamescom. Screenshots and the "Diamond Heist" trailer can be downloaded here: http://bhimpact.gamespress.com/product_page.asp?i=1196.
- Rochard: New screenshots can be downloaded here: http://bhimpact.gamespress.com/product_page.asp?i=1228.
- Sideway: New York: New screenshots can be downloaded here: http://bhimpact.gamespress.com/product_page.asp?i=1220.
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for its blockbuster hits and franchises, including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, PlanetSide®, Free Realms®, Clone Wars Adventures™ and DC Universe™ Online, SOE creates, develops and provides compelling online entertainment for a variety of platforms. SOE is building on its proven legacy and pioneering the future of online worlds through creative development and inspired gameplay design for audiences of all ages. To learn more, visit www.soe.com.
SOE, the SOE logo, EverQuest, Champions of Norrath and PlanetSide are registered trademarks and Untold Legends, Legends of Norrath and Free Realms are trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
For more information about OVERKILL Software visit www.overkillsoftware.com.
For more information about Playbrains visit www.playbrains.com.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc..
Sony Online Entertainment LLC