WHAT: The first game update for DC Universe Online (DCUO), which debuted just over a month ago on January 11 th is now available. DC Universe Online allows players to step into the DC Universe™, create their own super hero or villain and join forces to fight alongside or against their favorite DC icons such as Superman , Batman and The Joker to aid in saving– or destroying– the Universe.
This game update offers something uniquely suited for players of all levels and types, from the newest players to group combat fans, as well as those looking for the ultimate combat challenge in high-level encounters set in legendary locations like the Batcave. The content update is available as a free download for all active DC Universe Online accounts, both for PC and PlayStation® 3 Computer Entertainment System,
The first game update for DCUO includes:
CHARACTER OF THE MONTH: CATWOMAN
· Catwoman Episode: Race across the rooftops of Gotham City as Catwoman tries to rob the Gotham Museum. In the storage vault, she unearths ancient Egyptian cat artifacts, turning security guards and innocent bystanders into lions, tigers, cheetahs and more. This episode features five boss battles, countless cats and culminates in Catwoman themed cut scene.
· Legends PvP: Catwoman is now a playable character in Legends“Play as Iconic” PvP mode
· Multiplayer Race: chase Catwoman across the rooftops of Gotham City with friends
· A New Suit of Armor: collect Ancient Mayan Armor and Cat Burglar gear
SEASONAL CONTENT:”LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD”
The battles between Wonder Woman and Circe have disrupted the magical balance, upsetting the Goddess of Love. Fountains have sprung up across Metropolis allowing players to enter the cherub shadow realm, where - as cherubs - they can celebrate and fight to determine the true meaning of love.
· Collect Hearts: earn hearts through PvP, shoot love arrows at citizens, participate in multiplayer races, and dominate the platformer bounce houses to earn hearts. Players can use them to purchase chocolates, gifts, rings, etc. for other players
· PvP Battles: fight to dunk the other team into the fountain
· Battle The Goddess of Love: battle for the definition of love in this 4-player boss fight against the aspects of the Goddess of Love, Devotion and Scorn
· New Appearance Items: earn a harlequin clown suit with hearts and a Cherub disguise
· Be Mine: replay boss battles and try to get them to“be mine”
· Bane Duo: two-player battle against the villain
· Open World PvP: new Gotham PvP zone
- <*> Batcave 2 Raid: new 8-player raid zone added to Batcave, where players will fight alongside Batman against Brainiac and Brother Eye *>
· New collections, races and investigations
WHEN: The game update is now available for download for free.
For more information about DC Universe Online, visit www.DCUniverseOnline.com.
For press assets, including box art, trailers and screenshots, visit: http://bhimpact.gamespress.com/product_page.asp?i=903.
About DC Universe Online
Lex Luthor has traveled back through time with news of a dire future: While the heroes and villains spent years battling amongst themselves, Brainiac has been feeding on their powers, building strength to return to Earth and destroy humanity. To change the future, Lex has come back to set off a device that bestows super powers to thousands of every-day citizens and give humanity a fighting chance. Can Brainiac be stopped, or is this another nefarious Lex Luthor plot?
For the first time, players and fans will be able to enter the DC Universe as an active force for good or evil. A massively multiplayer experience, DC Universe Online delivers unparalleled high-energy, physics-powered combat that brings the player's extraordinary powers to life.
DC Universe Online was created in the artistic vision of legendary comic book artist Jim Lee, and set within a world created by famous DC writers including Geoff Johns and Marv Wolfman.
Rated T for Teen with Mild Blood, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes and Violence, DC Universe Online is available for PC and PlayStation 3 for the suggested retail prices of $49.99 and $59.99, respectively. The game includes one 30-day game membership, with monthly subscriptions available thereafter for $14.99. For players of the PC version of the game, DCUO will be included in SOE’s all-in-one Station Access subscription.
About Sony Online Entertainment
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers around the globe. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online, game console and wireless markets. Known for its blockbuster franchises and hit titles including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, Untold Legends™, PlanetSide®, and Star Wars Galaxies, as well as the recent kids' phenomenon Free Realms™, SOE continues to redefine the business of online gaming and the creation of active player communities while introducing new genres on various entertainment platforms. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with additional development studios in Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, Denver, CO, and Tucson, AZ, SOE has an array of cutting-edge games in development across various platforms and genres for audiences of all ages.
SOE, the SOE logo, EverQuest, Champions of Norrath and PlanetSide are registered trademarks and Untold Legends, Legends of Norrath, and Free Realms are trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
About Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including console, handheld and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to such iconic DC Comics properties as Superman, Batman, Green Lantern , Wonder Woman , The Flash, MAD Magazine, and Fables, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its superheroic characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing over 1,000 comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Comics is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world.