- 2010 Update plans for S.U.N revealed through the official website
- Plan to add the new character class and 1,000 quests
- "Holiday Spirit in S.U.N" contribution donated to UNICEF
(02-02-2010) - "Soul of the Ultimate Nation (S.U.N)" serviced by WEBZEN Inc. (NASDAQ: WZEN) released update plans for the year 2010.
WEBZEN released its quarterly update plans for the year of 2010 on its official website, which included "Shadow", a new character class, new quests and field maps.
The new class "Shadow" update is scheduled within the first half of the year along with playing field updates. "Shadow" is a runaway from the imperial army "Imperial Herald" with combined characteristics of "assassin" and "sorcerer." Main weapons are daggers and whip swords, and dark and curse skills are available to give additional damage to the opponents.
Shadow is a specialized faction for gamers that prefer a single play—it has been successfully implemented and is the most beloved character among solo players in Asia
As for an integral component of S.U.N, the character transformation system and mounts will be added; and character level-up limits will also be increased proving continuous string of game updates.
WEBZEN also plans to launch multi-language service. The languages include German, Spanish, Portuguese, and English. The S.U.N official website is already available in French and German.
ChangKeun Kim, the CEO of WEBZEN, said "The accounted updates have been influenced based on the feedbacks and comments by our users. This year, we plan to apply our aggregated knowledge which we"ve accumulated since the commencing S.U.N in South Korea, into the game."
And other note, this month WEBZEN will donate the proceeds from the in-game items sold during the 2009 Christmas Season to UNICEF. The fundraising promotion was the users" idea, which makes even more meaningful for WEBZEN. The donated fundwill be used to help children all over the world.
More details on Global Soul of the Ultimate Nation are available at www.webzen.com.
1) About WEBZEN.COM Service
WEBZEN.COM is WEBZEN"s game portal intended for taking a role of "Global Digital Entertainment Leader" with its sole objective of becoming the comprehensive game service portal for all the game players around the world.
- The portal, WWW.WEBZEN.COM launched on April 2009
- Global MU beta test launched in May 2009
- Global MU commercial service launched in June 2009
- Global Archlord Service launched in September 2009
- Global Soul of the Ultimate Nation Service launched in October 2009
2) About Global "Soul of the Ultimate Nation (SUN)"
- Launched in Korea, November 2006.
- Launched in Taiwan, April 2007 Webzen Taiwan.
- Launched in China, May 2007 through The9.
- Launched in Japan, April 2008 through GameOn.
- Started Global SUN Service in October in October
Manager / Public Relation Team
+82-2-3498-1622 / +82-11-9714-5086