3rd April 2012: Strawdog Studios has announced that its arcade-inspired action puzzle title Space Ark is now available for PC via Valve’s Steam platform. Space Ark has already enjoyed success on Xbox LIVE Arcade, with Eurogamer originally describing the colourful cult hit as, “the love child of Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands and Arkanoid,” awarding the game 8/10.
Space Ark is both accessible to casual players and hugely challenging for hardcore gamers - a puzzle game that involves bouncing a team of space travelling animals or “Arkonauts” around a series of beautiful psychedelic alien worlds, collecting DNA crystals to terraform planets and save the galaxy.
“ We’re just huge fans of those classic coin-ops from the 1980s,” commented Managing Director of Strawdog Studios, Paul Smith. “ I’m sure PC gamers on Steam will enjoy spotting all our loving “homages” in Space Ark, while simultaneously ruthlessly exploiting cute animals to reap high scores.”
The PC version of Space Ark brings with it all of the original’s Mission, Time Attack and Multiplayer modes, plus a host of controller options and full Steam integration including online leaderboards and Achievements. Space Ark is available on Steam for £6.99/$9.99/€9.99.
For more information on Space Ark, and other Strawdog Studios titles, visit www.strawdogstudios.com/games
Space Ark was part-funded by EM Media, the Screen Agency investing in and supporting creative talent across the East Midlands and Eastern regions of England.
+44 (0)7776 121 605
Strawdog Studios is an independent game developer founded in 2003 and based in Derby, UK. The Strawdog Studios team develop both original games and contract/licensed games for Xbox 360/XBLA, PS3/PSN, Wii, PC and Smartphone. In addition to “Space Ark” the team have previously developed arcade title "Geon" (XBLA & PSN) as well as a number of contract projects using their cross-platform technology. For further details of the company, products or services please see www.strawdogstudios.com.
EM Media is the Screen Agency for the East Midlands region of England. EM Media investment activity has recently expanded to include support for film talent and creatives in the Eastern region of England.
In less than a decade the region’s creative infrastructure has transformed through EM Media’s interventions, which have driven cultural excellence and economic growth:
· £179m economic benefit has been generated for the region’s economy
· 42 feature films have been co-financed by EM Media, including Oranges and Sunshine, Control , This Is England and the forthcoming Tyrannosaur and Weekend, many achieving international acclaim winning 5 BAFTAs, 3 Scottish BAFTAs, 10 BIFAs and 3 Michael Powell awards
· 9 video games have been co-financed and released to the global market
· 45 film projects in development
· 100 high quality short films have been completed launching the careers of the region’s brightest new filmmaking talent
· 100% rise in literacy in participating Cine Hub Schools
· 50% increase in audience reach for independent and world cinema
"Space Ark™, Strawdog Studios ™ and the Strawdogs logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Strawdog Studios Ltd. Space Ark is © 2010 Bounce Entertainment Software Ltd, all rights reserved"