FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 20, 2013
CONTACT: Kevin Meredith ~ firstname.lastname@example.org ~ (803) 356-1999
COLUMBIA, SC – SpeedTree ® for Games v6.3, released today for evaluation and license, features new console platform support, a tools-only license and improved modeling tools for video game development applications. The new version will be demonstrated at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco, March 27-29 (Booth 831).
New features include:
- Support of Sony Computer Entertainment’s recently-announced PlayStation®4 console and other new platforms
- Availability of additional pricing configurations, including a tools-only licensing option for customers who don’t require the SpeedTree SDK
- A new "simplify" feature that quickly and easily creates low polygon models from high definition, cinema-quality models
- A new "mesh wizard" that aids the process of importing custom meshes for use as leaves, obstacles and more
- Additional workflow enhancements such as improved exporters and import scripts, computation of ambient occlusion upon “save”, double-click zoom and more
“We’ve always made a point of looking ahead to offer middleware solutions for that next generation of games,” said Chris King, CEO of SpeedTree developer, IDV. “This new version of SpeedTree not only advances our real-time 3D vegetation technology into future game platforms, but provides more tools and flexibility to succeed in an increasingly competitive development environment.”
Want a demonstration of SpeedTree for Games? Stop by GDC booth #831 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
SpeedTree for Games, winner of the 2005 Front Line Award for middleware, delivers amazingly natural real-time trees and plants with seamless LOD transitions, an array of lighting, physics and wind effects, as well as an SDK that can be programmed to support any level of engine integration. SpeedTree includes SpeedTree Modeler, which offers a unique hybrid of hand and procedural modeling options and has been used in countless games and a growing list of movies, including 2009’s Avatar. SpeedTree was created by Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. (IDV), founded in 1999 to develop graphic and visualization tools for a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.speedtree.com.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- 30 -