Wednesday 3rd February/...Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces NIERTM will be available as a simultaneous global release on 23rd April 2010, for both the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
NIER, the newest title from Square Enix, delivers unique and memorable characters, intense action-packed battles, explosive magic and storytelling like only Square Enix can.
Nothing is as it seems in this latest action RPG game, set in a crumbling world plagued by disease and dark, unrecognisable creatures. Players assume the role of the unyielding protagonist, Nier, resolute in his quest to discover a cure for his daughter, infected with the Black Scrawl disease. With powerful allies and a mysterious book by his side, Nier encounters things that will confound even the most mighty warrior.
Armed with a powerful set of magical abilities as well as mighty swords and armour, Nier will do battle alongside a set of formidable allies against waves of dark enemies and giant bosses to discover the truth about the disease, his daughter…and himself.
Larry Sparks, Vice President Brands PAL Region of Square Enix Ltd. comments,“NIER fuses fast-paced action with a mature and mysterious narrative. The game sees a new direction for Square Enix and one that will appeal to action, adventure and RPG fans. We look forward to its release across PAL territories.”
• The new action RPG from Square Enix: NIER, the newest franchise from RPG masters Square Enix, delivers unique and memorable characters, intense action-packed battles, explosive magic and storytelling..
• Unbelievable Story Twists and Reveals: Immerse in an amazingly intricate storyline set in a world plagued by human anguish, buried secrets and a ravaging disease. With plot twists hiding around every corner, NIER’s story needs to be seen to be believed.
• RPG-Style Gameplay Injected With Action-Packed Combat: Battle ferocious and mysterious enemies by combining proven RPG-style gameplay, such as magic, character development and faithful allies, with action-focused explosive swordplay and combat.
• Powerful Magical Abilities: When his sword isn’t enough, Nier can call on a remarkable array of stylish and powerful spells to augment his combat moves and overcome adversaries. As players progress, upgraded spells will help defeat ever-more-deadly enemies.
• Brutal Combat Moves: Face off against evil creatures and unleash brutal combat moves along with devastating combo attacks. Unlock an arsenal of devastating weapons, each with its own design and attack style.
• Formidable Allies: Travel with a dynamic party of allies and do battle against monstrous giants as a powerful and united party.
• An Imaginative and Stunning World: Travel across an unforgettable world filled with varied landscapes featuring the hauntingly familiar remains of modern society.
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd., a part of Square Enix Europe business unit, is a London-based wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd., one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world. Square Enix Ltd. publishes and distributes entertainment content from the Square Enix Group including Square Enix, Eidos and Taito in Europe and other PAL territories. Square Enix Ltd. also has a global network of leading development studios such as IO Interactive, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix Group boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 92 million units worldwide, DRAGON QUEST® which has sold over 53 million units worldwide and TOMB RAIDER® which has sold over 35 million units worldwide, together with other well established products.
More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com
DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. in the United Kingdom and/or other countries. EIDOS, TOMB RAIDER, IO INTERACTIVE and CRYSTAL DYNAMICS are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Ltd. in the United Kingdom and/or other countries.
NIER is a trademark or registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd. "PlayStation" and "PS3" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.
Square Enix Limited is a company registered in England&Wales under the number 1804186 whose registered office is Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3RU