October 7, 2011
LOS ANGELES (October 10, 2011) — Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, will showcase its upcoming lineup and host a number of exclusive events at New York Comic Con, taking place at the Javits Center in Midtown Manhattan from Oct. 13–16, 2011.
Show attendees can preview and play the following Square Enix titles at booths 622 and 630:
- FINAL FANTASY® XIII–2 — Serah and Noel are desperately searching for Lightning in the next installment from Square Enix's all–star production team. FINAL FANTASY XIII–2 will be available on January 31, 2012.
- WAKFU® — Discover the vibrant world of WAKFU, the turn–based, tactical MMORPG from Ankama. Featuring an amazing anime art style, players can choose from 14 distinct character classes and engage in questing, combat and crafting. Jump into a dynamic and bustling economy, explore the rich environments and even run for office! WAKFU will be available in early 2012.
- HEROES OF RUIN™ — This action–adventure using the StreetPass™ and SpotPass™ functionality for Nintendo 3DS™ features a band of unlikely heroes brought together to form a fearsome alliance. HEROES OF RUIN will be available in Spring 2012.
- DEAD ISLAND™ — In Deep Silver's best–selling action title, the lush island paradise of Banoi truly is a holiday destination with everything — including a lethal zombie outbreak. DEAD ISLAND is available now.
- DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION™ — New York Comic Con attendees are invited to experience the upcoming downloadable content of one of the most critically acclaimed, best–selling games of the year. During lead character Adam Jensen's quest for the truth in DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION, he mysteriously vanishes for three days. Where was he? What did he find out? "The Missing Link" DLC reveals it all. DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION is available now and "The Missing Link" DLC will be released later this month.
New York Comic Con attendees are invited to join "East Meets West: Art Direction for a Worldwide Audience" on Friday, Oct. 14 from 10:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. for an exclusive panel presenting concept and finished art from FINAL FANTASY XIII–2 and DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION. Moderated by industry consultant and former Newsweek senior writer, N'Gai Croal, the panel will include an in–depth discussion between Isamu Kamikokuryo, art director of FINAL FANTASY XIII–2 and Jonathan Jacques–Belletête, art director of DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION.
Other Square Enix events include:
- Friday, Oct. 14, (2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.): Fans can participate in TOMB RAIDER ’s 15th anniversary celebration by attending an exclusive signing session featuring urban contemporary artist Camilla d'Errico. Attendees can stop by the Square Enix booth to receive a free 5x7 art print and autograph featuring d'Errico’s unique interpretation of TOMB RAIDER, a franchise that has sold over 35 million copies worldwide as of Oct. 2011.
- Thursday-Sunday, Oct. 13-16 (all day): The FINAL FANTASY XIII–2 "Word to Your Moogle" tour embarks on its third and last stop at New York Comic Con, where fans can enter to win event–exclusive prizes. The leaderboard and official contest rules can be found at www.wordtoyourmoogle.com. The contest will run every day during show hours at the Square Enix booth.
- Friday, Oct. 14, (8 p.m. to 10 p.m.): Square Enix teams up with Machinima and Destructoid to celebrate the January 31 launch of FINAL FANTASY XIII–2 . Attendees of the event at Tonic Bar (727 7th Ave., Times Square) will be treated to drinks as well as exclusive swag and the chance to win premium prizes during the FINAL FANTASY trivia contest.
- Friday, Oct. 14, (11 a.m. and 1 p.m.), Saturday and Sunday Oct. 15-16 (11 a.m. and 2 p.m.): HEROES OF RUIN fans can receive a free poster signed by Adi Granov, the cover artist for HEROES OF RUIN, whose most notable works include the Iron Man: Extremis series and the Iron Man films. With the poster, you’ll also be entered into a raffle to win a free Nintendo 3DS™ at the end of the day, Friday through Sunday!
Square Enix Products, the merchandising division of Square Enix, will have a number of exciting products on sale, including a New York Comic Con exclusive action figure! Attendees can learn more at the Square Enix events page at http://www.square-enix-shop.com/usa/event_info/. Product highlights include:
HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED PLAY ARTS –KAI– (2011 New York Comic Con exclusive!)
Spartan Mark V (Silver)
Available in a limited quantity of only 400 figures worldwide, this New York Comic Con exclusive was designed in collaboration with Microsoft and Square Enix. Each figure will come with an individually numbered sticker on the package, and will not be sold anywhere else!
HALO: REACH PLAY ARTS –KAI–
RED/BLUE TEAM SPARTAN MARK V [B] (Each Sold Separately)
Available in limited quantities, these event–exclusive figures were first introduced at San Diego Comic–Con and were met with roaring popularity. This is the last chance to grab them, so be sure to check them out!
PLAY ARTS –KAI– DISPLAY STAND Vol.2
Available while supplies last, each PLAY ARTS –KAI– action figure purchase qualifies for a free display stand, capable of posing figures in dynamic poses!
DEAD ISLAND and DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION are rated M (Mature). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix Group. The Square Enix Group operates a global network of leading development studios and boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 100 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 58 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://www.square-enix.com/na/.
DEUS EX, DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, FINAL FANTASY, HEROES OF RUIN, PLAY ARTS, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix Group. DEAD ISLAND is a trademark of Deep Silver, Inc. WAKFU is a registered trademark of Ankama. HALO, HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED and HALO: REACH are registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corp. All other marks are the properties of their respective owners.