MONTPELLIER, FRANCE – August 7, 2013 – Hot on the heels of their popular and innovative mobile brawler Combo Crew , The Game Bakers' have today revealed that they are busy at work bringing their deep-sea Action-RPG series SQUIDS onto Nintendo platforms. SQUIDS Odyssey is poised for a simultaneous digital release on the Nintendo 3DS & Nintendo Wii U eShop during the fall of 2013.
Infectious black ooze threatens the Squids' lush underwater world, turning ordinary crustaceans into dangerous mutants. The Ocean is endangered; it's up to you and your squad of squids to save their peaceful homeland from assured destruction!
SQUIDS Odyssey takes the first two episodes in the oceanic saga and blends them together into a new edition, filled with novel ideas, extra mechanics specifically designed for the Nintendo hardware and a couple of surprises too. Controls are also completely revamped so to fully take advantage to the best unique specificities that the Wii U gamepad and the Nintendo 3DS handheld have to offer.
Features of SQUIDS Odyssey include:
- Tactic RPG mechanics meshed with precise slingshot action gameplay. Grab Squids by the tentacles then fling them across the battlefield.
- Recruit a unique team of Squids in four different classes: shooters, scouts, troopers and healers. A new Squid hero will star for the first time!
- Epic exploration, solid story-line, characters you’ll care for.
- Plenty of new missions, new levels, new tricks!
- New range of unique ability-boosting helmets.
- Full-on utilization of Wii U GamePad potential for gameplay and environment features.
- Clever dual-screen design on the Nintendo 3DS – This edition also sports 3D effects and several layers of depth.
"Nintendo hardware always had a prominent place on our living room shelves as we were growing up," says Emeric Thoa, creative director at The Game Bakers. "We’re excited to contribute our Squids to their modern gear. The kid in me can tick that point off his bucket list."
About The Game Bakers
The Game Bakers is an independent video game studio based in Lyon and Montpellier, France. Founded and staffed by industry veterans whose credits include numerous AAA console games, The Game Bakers focuses on creative projects that combine traditional gaming values with the best of the touch generation. Their track record since going indie includes SQUIDS, SQUIDS Wild West and brawler Combo Crew, critically acclaimed and widely popular on all iOS and Android App Stores worldwide.
Company web site: http://thegamebakers.com
ASSETS FOR MEDIA:
Squids Web Site: http://www.squidsthegame.com
Developer Web Site: http://www.thegamebakers.com
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGameBakers