For Immediate Release
November 23, 2009 - ANALOGretro, LLC., the new iPhone development“dream team”, has just released Star Rangers Lite, the free trial version of their critically-acclaimed Star Rangers for the iPod touch and iPhone. Also, the full version of Star Rangers will be on sale for a limited time to celebrate the release of Star Rangers Lite.
Star Rangers Lite delivers one complete brand-new mission containing the same fast-paced, first-person space combat and incredible detail found in the full version of Star Rangers. As a Star Ranger you must defend your starbase against a fleet of alien ships… but the clock is ticking and enemy squadrons are surrounding and targeting your base for destruction! Only your skills, strategy and speed will save you against the game’s advanced enemy AI. Protect your starbase, destroy the enemy and earn an achievement medal as you complete this Training Mission.
After completing Training in Star Rangers Lite advance to real challenging missions in Star Rangers where you'll battle tougher enemy ships in 3 different missions with 4 difficulty levels each, defend a galaxy full of bases, dock at Starbases and Fuelbases to repair and refuel, play challenges from other players and earn up to 17 new medals!
About the full version of Star Rangers:
Star Rangers is a graphically intense first-person 3D space battle game with equal parts action and strategy. As you fly through the galaxy, defending your starbases from waves of enemy ships only your skills, strategy and speed will save you against the game’s advanced enemy AI. Protect your starbases, destroy the enemy and earn up to 18 achievement medals as you rise through the ranks of the Star Rangers!
Star Rangers ships with three unique gameplay modes, or“missions” with more on the way:
Galaxy Defense: Defend multiple bases throughout the galaxy as the enemy attempts to surround and destroy them. Plan your attack, warp to the enemy’s location, and clear each sector in a series of intense 3D accelerometer-based space battles.
Last Starbase: Defend one base from a seemingly insurmountable force of invaders. While you repair and refuel, they close on your position!
Instant Action: Quick battles, when you need some practice and want to get right to it!
OpenFeint* Leaderboards and Achievements! Though Star Rangers is a very past-paced game, strategy is needed to conserve resources to unlock achievements, achieve higher scores and a higher rank. Compare your score to other players and even issue a challenge to a friend to play the exact scenario you just completed!
• Colorful 3D environments, highly-textured models and dazzling pyrotechnic effects– an amazing attention to detail in a hand-held game
• Fast-paced first-person game-play in three different mission scenarios: Galaxy Defense, The Last Starbase and Instant Action. (With more to come!)
• Advanced enemy AI– alien ships can attack you, stalk you or run away, forcing you to hunt them down
• The best accelerometer control of any space-based game
• Free flight– warp to dozens of different galactic sectors at any time with 360° freedom of control
• Fluid play– no waiting for game or file loading during a mission
• Dock at Starbases and Fuel depots for repairs and refueling
• Touch-control Galactic Map, interactive 3D Long Range Scan, and 14 player-operated cockpit controls– every control has a function
• Status indicators display integrity of weapons, shields, engines, and communications; tracking computer displays real-time enemy ship positions
• Random Galactic Map generator– play a new game scenario with different enemy ship positions and movements every time
• Four Difficulty Levels: Rookie (training), Fighter (hone your skills), Warrior (the going gets tough), and Ace (the enemies show you no mercy!)
• Extensive Help and Tutorial menus get you playing quickly
• Earn 18 custom achievement medals as you progress through the ranks
• Over 100 sound effects!
• Original theme music by S. Christian Collins
• Play your own music during the game
• Achieve the highest rank of Star Ranger Class 1 based on skill, energy use, time and damage sustained
• OpenFeint-based worldwide high scores with individual“map codes.” Enter in any map code posted on the Leaderboard and play the same scenario as another player, attempting to beat his score. You can even send friends a Challenge to try and top your score.*
• Compare your friends’ Medals on OpenFeint with what you’ve earned. Chat with them in real time!*
• Compatible with and designed for all generations of iPod touch and iPhone
Free updates coming soon include:
• Multiplayer co-op
• New mission scenarios
• Additional medals
Track us on Twitter for further Star Rangers developments and game hints at:
For more information, screenshots, and video visit http://www.analogretro.com/StarRangers
*Free OpenFeint account needed for worldwide Leaderboard, Challenges, game comparisons, and chat.
About ANALOGretro LLC.
ANALOGretro, LLC is a new iPhone development“dream team” consisting of industry veterans with experience dating back to the dawn of video games. Leveraging their expertise and experience in games and graphics design, and fueled by their passion for great games that began nearly three decades ago, they have assembled to craft a new generation of game experiences.
Key Team Members:
• Tom Hudson– Game designer and 3D graphics programmer. Tom was co-creator of AutoDesk’s 3D Studio Max, the most widely used 3D content creation software in the world
• Jon Bell– Award winning graphics designer and visual effects artist for The Discovery Channel, National Geographic TV, History.com and others. Jon was also involved with the making of The Abyss and Terminator 2.
• Lee H. Pappas– Lead game designer, sound FX creator, and game play testing. Lee Pappas is a leading video game magazine publisher and industry analyst. (He founded ANALOG Computing, VideoGames&Computer Entertainment, TurboPlay, and other consumer electronics publications.)
All 3 members worked together in the 1980’s on ANALOG Computing Magazine, the leading publication for Atari Computers owners. ANALOG is considered one of the top computer magazines of all time and still enjoys a cult fan following with dedicated websites all over the world. All 3 originally met at a sci-fi convention, and their knowledge and passion for sci-fi carries over to Star Rangers.
For more information contact:
Lee Pappas, email@example.com