Haarlem, The Netherlands – 31 May 2013 - Videogame publisher Iceberg Interactive announces to have released StarDrive (PC) in European retail stores today. The StarDrive retail box includes a comprehensive manual, a trading card and comes in a deluxe slipcase with embossed characters and ships. Download the official retail pack shot here
Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder says: “With this retail launch we are adding more and more channels where the game can be bought and the box looks great. We are still updating StarDrive frequently, are also preparing free DLC for this summer for the game and are committed to keep improving and extending the game for a long time to come.”
StarDrive ‘retail’ can be purchased from any location in the world in the Iceberg web shop ( www.iceberg-games.com). For more information about StarDrive, please visit the official website www.stardrivegame.com or visit the official forums www.stardrivegame.com/forum.
StarDrive sets a new benchmark for the ‘4X Space Strategy’ genre. Starting with a single planet and a small number of space-worthy vessels, you must venture forth into the galaxy, conquer new worlds, build new colonies and defend your very existence against those who would take what is yours. How you play is your decision. Use diplomacy or brute force. Trade, spy and research your way to galactic domination. Make friends, or create mortal enemies…
StarDrive takes a modular approach to ship design, allowing the player to create custom ships where the composition and placement of ship modules really matters to the performance of a ship… In combat, if your portside armour is taking a beating, then rotate around and show them the starboard side! Hide behind a friendly capital ship’s shields; warp into and out of the fray, launch fighters, lay mines, and so much more.
• Real time gameplay with a seamless zoom from a grand strategic view to a close-up action view
• Choose from 8 beautifully rendered alien races or design your own to lead into the stars; interact, negotiate and forge allegiances on your way to victory
• Explore the rich universe that comes alive with random events, remnant elements, hidden treasures, deep space terrors and late-game threads.
• Expand your empire and colonise all kinds of planets, terraform and populate them and build them into specialised centres of trade or industry
• Research and unlock an array of technologies to improve your military and industrial technology
• Control your ships with classic real time strategy commands or jump into the fray by taking direct ‘arcade’ control of any ship in your empire
• Create your unique ship designs with the modular ship design system and determine your own fate in battle
• Create custom fleet formations and set rules of engagement in the easy-to-use fleet editor
• Deploy ground troops from orbit to defeat the enemies’ last planetary defences in ground combat.
About Zero Sum Games
Zero Sum Games is based in Portland, Oregon, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest region of the United States. We are an independent studio with a small and dedicated team possessing a broad and diverse set of skills. Our mission is to deliver hardcore PC games to gamers looking for depth and challenge without sacrificing aesthetics. In design and execution, we follow the craftsman’s code: measure twice, cut once. We hope you enjoy our games.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive ( http://www.iceberg-games.com) is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 50+ game arsenal - with more promising games in the pipeline.
Don’t just play… play it cool.