EMBARGOED UNTIL 9 a.m. EST Oct. 13, 2008
MESA, Ariz.– Oct. 13, 2008– Stargate Worlds, the massively multiplayer online role playing game based on the popular Stargate series from MGM, will hit another major milestone on Oct. 15 with the launch of closed beta. Signups are ongoing at register.stargateworlds.com.
“This is a huge step for us,” said Joe Ybarra, FireSky senior vice president strategic operations.“We’ve spent the better part of the last two years building our publishing unit and making sure that our Beta and our 2009 launch exceed everyone’s expectations.”
Stargate Worlds will be the first game published by FireSky.
The Stargate Worlds Closed Beta will feature a staggered entry as testers are allowed into the game in waves. New areas and archetypes will be added over the course of the play test until all features are thoroughly tested and bugs are found and fixed.
“This is the home stretch and there’s no time to let up,” said Stargate Worlds Studio Head Dan Elggren. We need these beta testers to put a new set of eyes on the game and help us make Stargate Worlds the success that we all believe it can be.”
In Stargate Worlds, gamers:
• Feel the heat - Master the battlefield using modern tactics and firepower
• Travel instantly - Dial up the Stargate to explore dozens of worlds from ancient civilizations to high tech planets
• Team up - Battle devious and powerful enemies with your friends
• Find the new you - Pick from seven archetypes with unique skills and styles
• Don’t fight it– Simulate translation, repair and sabotage with Minigames as your buddies battle it out
• Advance with the story– New story, missions, weapons and loot delivered regularly
Stargate Worlds is scheduled for an early 2009 launch. The game is based on Stargate SG-1, the longest running science fiction series in U.S. history, and Stargate Atlantis from MGM. For more information, visit www.StargateWorlds.com.
FireSky™ is dedicated to the fusion of social experiences with entertainment software and games. FireSky’s first product is the Social Networks at Play game (SNAP), Stargate Worlds, based on the popular science fiction television series Stargate SG-1® and Stargate Atlantis™ which are officially licensed by MGM Interactive. For more information, visit the company's website www.FireSky.com and the Stargate Worlds community site at www.stargateworlds.com.