Monday 23rd May 2011: Strawdog Studios has announced that its retro arcade-inspired puzzler Space Ark is being released for PC via Valve’s Steam platform in early June. Already a hit Xbox LIVE Arcade title, Space Ark is a fiendishly addictive action-puzzle game where players have to bounce a team of space travelling animals or“Arkonauts” around a series of colourful worlds, collecting DNA crystals to terraform planets and save the galaxy.
Space Ark was originally awarded 8/10 by Eurogamer and described as“an unselfconscious joy...the love child of Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands and Arkanoid.” DarkZero also enthused that Space Ark’s“score-beating arcade mentality, and devious puzzle elements in the later stages” made it“shine against lesser XBLA titles”, awarding another 8/10 review score.
“Space Ark manages to be both accessible for casual players and also deep and challenging for hardcore gamers," commented Managing Director of Strawdog Studios, Paul Smith.“ I can’t wait for PC gamers on Steam to have an opportunity to play Space Ark and see how much fun bouncing a zebra around a planet can be.”
The PC version of Space Ark brings with it all of the original’s Mission, Time Attack and Multiplayer modes, plus a host of controller options and full Steam integration including online leaderboards and Achievements.
For more information on Space Ark, and other Strawdog Studios titles, visit www.strawdogstudios.com/games.
Space Ark has been co-financed by EM Media through the European Regional Development Fund, invested in Strawdog Studios’ sister company Bounce Entertainment Software Limited.
+44 (0)7776 121 605
Strawdog Studios is an independent game developer founded in 2003 and based in Derby, UK. The Strawdog Studios team develop both original games and contract/licensed games for Xbox 360/XBLA, PS3/PSN, Wii, PC and Smartphone. In addition to“Space Ark” the team have previously developed arcade title "Geon" (XBLA&PSN) as well as a number of contract projects using their cross-platform technology. For further details of the company, products or services please see www.strawdogstudios.com.
EM Media is the Screen Agency for the East Midlands region of England. EM Media investment activity has recently expanded to include support for film talent and creatives in the Eastern region of England.
In less than a decade the region’s creative infrastructure has transformed through EM Media’s interventions, which have driven cultural excellence and economic growth:
· £179m economic benefit has been generated for the region’s economy
· 42 feature films have been co-financed by EM Media, including Oranges and Sunshine, Control , This Is England and the forthcoming Tyrannosaur and Weekend, many achieving international acclaim winning 5 BAFTAs, 3 Scottish BAFTAs, 10 BIFAs and 3 Michael Powell awards
· 9 video games have been co-financed and released to the global market
· 45 film projects in development
· 100 high quality short films have been completed launching the careers of the region’s brightest new filmmaking talent
· 100% rise in literacy in participating Cine Hub Schools
· 50% increase in audience reach for independent and world cinema
"Space Ark™, Strawdog Studios™ and the Strawdogs logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Strawdog Studios Ltd. Space Ark is© 2010 Bounce Entertainment Software Ltd, all rights reserved"