BERLIN, Germany - November 23, 2010
Phantoom Entertainment, developers of iOS games including Bloomies and Super Blast, today announced Super Blast 2, the next iteration of its popular arcade space shooter that achieved the #1 spot in the Paid Games category in Germany. With vibrant graphics and animations that defy expectations of the mobile platform, Super Blast 2 builds on the original game with new features, more Creeps, challenging gameplay and accessible controls that any gamer can appreciate. The title will be available for the iPhone and iPod touch this December at a price of US $0.99.
In Super Blast 2, players will find new levels, various difficulty modes, Game Center and OpenFeint integration, and a variety of other improvements that will offer hours of interstellar blasting fun. Gain various power-ups for your weapons and shoot a wider variety of Creeps, who can now return fire and are backed up by massive bosses at the end of each level. To top off the new features, players now have a health meter and three super blasts to dish out punishing attacks as they launch into an epic battle against the Creeps.
Key features include:
• Accessible– Simple tilt controls allow anyone to jump in and play, yet the game remains challenging to master.
• Creeps&Bosses– Encounter 12 Creeps that swoop in with their own unique fighting style plus gigantic bosses that await you at the end of each level.
• Polished Graphics– Speed through beautifully rendered space environments and fight detailed Creeps with high definition visuals.
• Variety– Choose from an arsenal of weapon power-ups, work your way through various levels, and select one of three difficulty levels to ensure a challenge.
• Achievements– Track game progress and earn rewards for overcoming specific challenges.
• Game Center and OpenFeint– Choose how you want to compete against friends and for the top spot on the communal leaderboards.
“Following on the success of Super Blast, we wanted to offer a bigger and better version of the game that incorporates feedback that we received from fans around the world,“ said Phantoom co-founder Andreas Wolff.“We kept the amazing graphics, animations and simple game mechanics while making improvements that helped to extend the gameplay for casual players, including options for increasing the difficulty for the more hardcore gamers. The Creeps are bigger and badder than ever, and we challenge gamers everywhere to blast their way through one of the best shooters on iPhone!”
View the official preview trailer on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2G6xhJ16G4
For more information about Super Blast 2 including screenshots, concept art and the official video trailer, visit www.phantoom.com or download the digital press kit here: www.triplepointpr.com/dl/Phantoom/SB2_Press_Kit.zip
To download the original Super Blast for just $0.99, visit the App Store.
About Phantoom Entertainment
Phantoom Entertainment is a game development company specializing in the iOS platform, founded by games industry veterans Andreas Wolff and Matthias Roselieb, based in Berlin, Germany. After working for companies such as Electronic Arts and Radon Labs, the duo began developing their own games on the iOS platform. The company is dedicated to creating fun, entertaining and high-quality mobile games for audiences worldwide. For more information, please visit Phantoom’s website:
Quinn Wageman, TriplePoint for Phantoom
+1 (310) 587-9200