NEW YORK – December 3, 2012 – The time has come to again claim your place in the galaxy. Whether you are human, a sentient insect or a space dolphin, Keberos Productions has given you the tools to research, expand and then dominate your own corner of the universe. Now, in an expanded and updated version of Sword of the Stars II, new options and an entirely new faction are available for you to experiment with.
After a year of updates and steady improvement, Paradox Interactive and Kerberos Productions bring you the Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition, including all previously released DLC as well as new content and improvements. It is now available on major digital distribution channels for $19.99.
Much of this fresh content comes in the form of the new expansion pack, End of Flesh, which introduces the Loa, a shape shifting artificial intelligence that can settle some of the most foreboding of landscapes. A former slave race, they now have freedom and an incentive to use their powerful and unique vessels to teach their old masters a lesson.
And, as a sign of gratitude to all fans that have stuck with the game to this point, existing Sword of the Stars II owners to receive End of Flesh for free on release. Paradox and Kerberos would like to thank their audience for their patience and support as they worked hard on getting Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter into its current condition.
Features of the Sword of the Stars II Enhanced Edition include:
- The new Loa race with a new drive for their ships – the Neutrino Pulse Gate
- Over 25 new technologies including a new tech tree for cybernetics
- 10 new weapons and attack systems
- Expanded ship building options for all six original factions, including new Leviathan class ships
- 2 new independent races to seduce or bludgeon into your imperial orbit
- New random encounters and mission types
- All previously released faction based DLC – the voices, the badges, the avatars, the skins...all of it