Haarlem, The Netherlands– March 19, 2008 - Publisher Lighthouse has announced that its tank simulator for PC‘WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs Tiger', originally scheduled for April 2008, has been delayed. A new date has not yet been set.
Raymond Snippe, Development Manager for Lighthouse Interactive, said: "T34 has a lot going for it. The combination of gorgeous graphics, realistic physics models, interactive environments and exhilarating multiplayer gameplay justifiably makes this a highly anticipated simulation.” He went on to say:“Because it is so highly anticipated and because of the community feedback that reached us after the Russian release, we wanted to give the developer the extra time to polish the game to make sure we deliver the best product possible. We expect to announce a new release date in the near future."
The tank simulation‘WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger' takes place in Belarus during the summer of 1944, in which the Soviet Union launched "Operation Bagration", the Belarusian offensive, against the retreating German Wehrmacht. After Kursk, this was the most significant struggle of the two tank armies and resulted in the complete destruction of the German Army Group Center and the Soviet recapture of all territories within their 1941 borders.
The player can experience the battlefield from within the Russian T-34 and the German "Tiger", with fully animated 3D interiors and playable Driver, Gunner and Commander positions. The tanks' dynamics include realistic physics, accurate ballistics and elaborate damage models. Interior models feature historically accurate gun-sight optics.
The vast Belarusian landscape of the early 20th century, with its rolling hills, villages and large forests was carefully recreated from historical reference photos and maps. The rich battlefield environment includes AI controlled Russian and German tanks, infantry, armored-personnel-carriers, anti-tank-guns and airplanes.
Stunning special effects, such as explosions, fires and smoke, the ability to completely destroy vehicles and buildings, all combine to create a lifelike combat environment. The action can be viewed from various camera angles in first or third person view.
‘WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger' includes two single-player campaigns and two multiplayer modes (skirmish and team-play) for LAN and Internet play for up to 16 players.
• German and Russian Campaign missions are based on "Operation Bagration", the codename for the Soviet Belarusian Offensive during World War II.
• Playable tanks: The Russian T-34/85 and the German Sd.Kfz. 181 "Tiger" Ausf. E.
• Control your tank from fully modelled and animated 3D positions. (driver, gunner and commander).
• "Napalm Engine" 3D technology allows for impressive effects, such as dynamic shadows, self shading, bump mapping, specular maps, glow and bloom.
• Stunning graphics and huge realistic landscapes to explore.
• Interactive environment with various levels of destruction: Buildings, trees and vehicles can be damaged or destroyed by cannon, MG fire or ramming attacks.
• AI controlled vehicles include: T-34/85, T-34/76, Tiger, Sk.Kfz.251, M3A1,ZIS-5, Opel Blitz, ZIS-3, Pak. 40, IL-2, FW-190.
• Multiplayer options include: LAN and Internet play for up to 16 players; Two multiplayer modes: Skirmish and TeamPlay.
• The game is GameSpy Arcade ready for online multi-player sessions and uses DirectPlay TM technology for direct IP multi-player connections via LAN and Internet.
• "TrackIR TM " support immerses the player in hands-free first person views for all available crew positions.
IDDK Group is an independent Russian publishing house, incorporating multimedia and games publishing, manufacturing, distribution and retail networks. The Games Department of IDDK had been created four years ago and "T-72: Balkans on Fire!", became its first international release. IDDK works in collaboration with dozens of Russian and Ukrainian game development studios, focusing on realistic battle sims, innovative action games and games for kids based on original stories and characters. For more information about IDDK, please visit: http://www.iddk.ru/en and http://games.iddk.ru
G5 Software is one of the leading Russian PC games developers producing world-class games for the international market. PC titles developed by G5 including "Whirlwind over Vietnam", "The Cuban Missile Crisis" are distributed all over the world by the leading international and Russian publishers. G5 Software along with G5 Mobile company is a part of the Swedish holding G5 Entertainment AB. Official site: www.g5e.com.
About Lighthouse Interactive
Lighthouse Interactive is a fast growing publisher of interactive entertainment with offices established in Toronto and Montreal, Canada, Haarlem, The Netherlands and London, England. The company is focused on bringing strong titles to the worldwide market in a wide array of genres including: RPG, Simulation, Adventure, Action and Strategy. Staffed with industry veterans, Lighthouse is the right choice for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience.
Tel: +31 23 540 9449