Haarlem, The Netherlands– 10 March 2011– Videogames publisher Iceberg Interactive has today released an all-new trailer of Starpoint Gemini (PC), the upcoming tactical Space RPG from independent development studio LGM Games. Starpoint Gemini has also now reached Gold status and has entered the manufacturing process.
Learn all about the Starpoint Gemini ways to explore, command, trade, and combat! Watch the all-new trailer now at the Iceberg Youtube Channel ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzUZfZpmVLA) or at www.iceberg-interactive.com.
Starpoint Gemini is set for a retail release across UK, Benelux and Scandinavian territories from 25 March 2011. Pre-orders of Starpoint Gemini are available in the Iceberg Webshop ( http://www.iceberg-shop.com/starpoint-gemini.html) with free shipping up until the release.
About Starpoint Gemini
Starpoint Gemini is a tactical space RPG set in a science-fiction universe, which focuses on the control and strengths of individual vessels and their captains. Players can travel the rich vastness of the Gemini star system freely, fight skirmishes with rogue ships, trade commodities, research anomalies, buy new vessels, upgrade their ships with state-of-the-art technology, increase their experience and rank to become more powerful and ultimately use all that in large scale engagements against other fleets of hostile ships.
Players re-emerge into the star system of Gemini after having been trapped in the so-called Stasis rift anomaly for over twenty years. Unaware of the passage of time, they find Gemini and everything they knew changed beyond recognition. The events that took place two decades ago closed the Gateway to Gemini, and thereby practically sealed the star system off from the rest of the universe. Isolation and unforeseen technological advancement due to the appearance of countless anomalies have turned Gemini to a place of political intrigue, greed and lust for power. The fate of Gemini has been shaped and the time for reckoning has almost come…
Gemini is a dangerous place with riches waiting to be claimed by the most daring and capable of captains.
Starpoint Gemini Features
• Free roaming space of the vast and interesting Gemini star system waiting to be explored
• Over 50 large space sectors connected via entrances into hyperspace called T-Gates
• Intriguing storyline full of schemes and plot twists pulling player deeper into main plot
• Deep and immersive experience of a living star system full of space stations, asteroid mining bases, ore fields to be mined, randomly appearing anomalies, random encounters with hostile pirates or vessels in distress, trade convoys, military patrols, nebulas and more
• Countless missions to be taken on at random through Freelance commission
• Diverse skill system offering more than 30 upgradeable vessel maneuvers
• Special passive bonus perks awarded at increasing your rank
• Special built-in abilities making even smaller ship classes useful in fleet battles
• Over 300 available ship upgrades ranging from weapons and energy shields to power core and thrusters
• Various bonuses to be gained by enlisting additional experienced personnel for your ship
• Modding tools made available post-release will allow gamers to unleash their creativity in a completely new environment
For more information, please visit the Starpoint Gemini gamepage ( http://iceberg-interactive.com/games-mainmenu-27/355-starpoint-gemeni.html).
About LGM Games
Little Green Men TM is a young team of 15 highly motivated and talented programmers, writers, 3D and 2D artists and animators based in South-Eastern Europe. Their plan is pretty straightforward: creating quality games.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive ( www.iceberg-interactive.com) is an independent videogame publisher founded by an international group of games industry veterans, that recognises quality games and their audiences. With key offices in the UK, Germany and The Netherlands, Iceberg has both a firm footing in, and a firm eye on, the vibrant European games market. We know where the market is headed and we adapt. We have partners everywhere. Hence why Iceberg is a great destination for PC game developers looking to bring their products to market, bricks and mortar or digital. Iceberg is currently among the market leaders for the following PC game genres: simulators, adventure, strategy and MMO/action games. Don't just play, play it cool!