TAIL DRIFT FLIES AGAIN!
Brisbane, 20th January, 2014 - Attract Mode Games and Right Pedal Studios are thrilled to announce that Tail Drift, winner of Unity’s “Flash in a Flash” contest is finally coming to iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android devices this year.
Tail Drift is an arcade flight racing game that challenges players to maneuver a plane along a 3D tubular track which runs below, above, around and through floating islands, hot-air balloons and other obstacles that the player must avoid to win the race.
Tail Drift won the “Flash in a Flash” contest against stiff competition and was praised by Unity for it’s creativity and fun and for showing off the amazing technology of Unity.
“It’s great to get the chance to realize the game I always wanted to, ” said Cameron Owen, creator of Tail Drift.
Tail Drift is scheduled for a 2014 release on smart phones and tablets.
You can play the demo that won Unity’s “Flash in a Flash” competition here:
About Tail Drift
Tail Drift won Unity’s “Flash in a Flash” competition back in 2012, and is an arcade racing game where the player flies along a tubular track. It a variety of features beautiful and fantastic environments to race around, over a series of different racing leagues.
· Upgradeable racers.
· Lots of tracks with unique environments.
· Multiple racing leagues to play through.
· Plenty of game modes, including classic racing, time trial and elimination.
· Daily challenges with rewards.
· Leaderboards to compete against your friends and the world.
About Attract Mode Games
Attract Mode Games is a small studio working out of Brisbane, Australia. The team consists of three people that are working to bring the arcade flight racing game Tail Drift to iOS and Android devices.
· Cameron Owen: An experienced game developer and designer, and creator of the first version of Tail Drift.
· Elliot Lewis: A talented artist who worked on the upcoming action RPG, Hand of Fate.
· James Bowling: Experienced game developer and marketing director.
Attract Mode Games Website: http://attractmodegames.com/
About Right Pedal Studios Pty Ltd
Right Pedal Studios is a mobile game accelerator based in Brisbane, Australia. Founded by Steve Baxter and managed by John Passfield, the accelerator provides mobile game developers with working capital, office space, mentorship as well as access to more general business resources of River City Labs.
Right Pedal Studios Press: http://rightpedalstudios.com/press/