Haarlem, The Netherlands – 8 May 2012 – Independent videogames publisher Iceberg Interactive today announces its publishing agreement for Endless Space , the highly anticipated 4x space strategy game for PC, with Paris-based videogames developer Amplitude Studios. Recently released by Amplitude for pre-order on Steam, Iceberg will now be bringing the game to other digital download portals over the coming weeks and has set a retail release date of 24 August 2012. Localized French and German versions are also planned.
Erik Schreuder, CEO of Iceberg interactive says: “We are thrilled to add Endless Space to our growing range of excellent space strategy games. Endless Space promises to be quite the gem, and given the experienced background of the development team that’s not a surprise. It looks stunning and is incredibly deep, yet you can make steady progress in expanding your universe and deciding the conflict for galactic supremacy. The game is really well thought out, has its own little in-game wiki, an excellent GUI and very challenging AI. I am convinced that this is a must-buy for all space strategy fans.”
“When you are an independent Developer, finding a publisher is always tricky. We have been positively impressed by Iceberg Interactive, both for their professionalism and their passion for strategy. Prior to signing our agreement, they had to playtest the game in depth, which says a lot about their commitment regarding the games they publish. Teaming up with Iceberg was a no brainer for us” says Mathieu Girard, CEO of Amplitude Studios.
A limited number of preview codes will be made available for members of the press who would like to take an early look at the game. These can be requested via email@example.com.
About Endless Space
This galaxy is ancient, and its first intelligent life was the civilization we call the Endless. Long before our eyes gazed upon the stars they flew between them, though all that remains of this people is what we call Dust. A substance found scattered, or in forgotten temples, it once gave powers to admirals and galactic governors. The galaxy will belong to the faction that can take control of the Dust and uncover its secrets…
· A Born Leader: Guide one of eight civilizations as you strive for galactic dominion. Will you control the entire galaxy through subtle trade and diplomacy, explore every corner of the universe to find powerful artifacts and resources, overwhelm other civilizations with your advanced technologies, or destroy your enemies with massive armadas?
· Endless Discoveries: With hundreds of star systems to explore, different planet types, luxuries and strategic resources to exploit, the mysteries within the Dust to master and a host of strange scientific phenomena to deal with, the player will have no lack of challenges. Hire heroes to become fleet admirals or system governors and discover five hero classes and their unique ability trees and specializations.
· Space Opera: Experience Endless Space with state-of-the-art graphics and interface, switch between strategic battle decisions and long-term planning. Optimize each fleet for epic battles around contested stars. Create the perfect combinations from dozens of unique ships per civilization. Customize your ship with modules, armament, engines and special mods. The player has a plethora of choices of how to best destroy or dissuade his enemy.
· Take on the Universe: Play against up to seven opponents and build up – or break – alliances at will. Discover an innovative and dynamic simultaneous turn-based gameplay. Permit instant jump-in for your ongoing online games. Define your own custom civilizations and confront the ones created by your friends.
· Endless Replayability: Control every new game’s scope, from a quick match-up to an endless war. Generate an infinity of random galaxies where every start begins a new adventure. Modify the size, shape, density, age and a lot more to create your ideal galaxy. Choose from different victory conditions and adapt your strategy on the fly.
· Creating GAMES2GETHER: Track the dev team’s objectives, progress and achievements. Participate in the creation of the game via the GAMES2GETHER initiative. Access early versions of the game and give your feedback to the dev team. Discuss actual and future game features and expansions with the dev team.
About Iceberg Interactive:
Iceberg Interactive is an independent videogame publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans. Iceberg operates in the vibrant European games market through retail publishing and worldwide via direct relationships with dozens of digital download portals. With a distinct focus on the genres of simulations, adventure, strategy and MMO/action games, Iceberg has successfully released digital hits in European retail, such as Killing Floor, Wings of Prey & APB Reloaded – but is also known to back indie developers in getting their games into both the retail and digital space. Read more about the company and its games at http://www.iceberg-interactive.com.
Don't just play, play it cool!
About Amplitude Studios
Amplitude Studios is an independent gathering of experienced video game lovers (and developers) with a single goal: create the best strategy games! Based in Paris, the studio boasts an international team that has worked all over the world. Developer credits include franchises such as Battlefield, Rayman, XIII, R.U.S.E., Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Call of Juarez, Might & Magic Heroes, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes, and others. Working closely for years with communities of players to share, discuss or compare ideas, the whole team has the dream of bringing the idea of GAMES 2 GETHER one step further. Help us accomplish our goal to bring a brand new way for players around the world to participate in the creation of a video game! Read more at http://www.amplitude-studios.com.
Amplitude Studios - Gamers that know how to make games.
Tel: +31 (0) 23-5430960